Thread: Winchester model 94 Top eject and scope

Default Winchester model 94 Top eject and scope

Hi all,
    I just had a question. I am putting a scope on my winchester model 94 top eject (please forgive me as I know there are quite a few folks that disagree with putting a scope on this rifle and to them I do apologize ) However I wanted to know if mounting the scope like the below will effect anything in the accuracy of the scope? I dont feel it will but I wanted to check with others to be sure. Basically I would just be turning the scope so the turrent isnt in the way of the shell ejecting. so the elevation turrent would become left and right and the left and right would become elevation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the side mount scope is pretty common for the 94, but usually meand drilling and tapping the receiver. a "scout scope" mount avoids that by using the rear dovetail and fwd band as anchors. of course, then you need a long eye relief scope.
    I like the way it looks;

thanks,, mine was already drilled and tapped when I bought it and I have the weaver style side mount. Does it affect scope accuracy to turn it the way I describe above? if it doesnt I am set as I have the rings, mount and scope ready to put on and boresight.

Default Elevation became windage

and windage became elevation. The knob had to move for me was in the way of the shell.
    Worked the same, just had to get used to the location of the knobs.

Default Win 94 Low Profile Scout Scope

Tomob1,

I saw your posting regarding the Win 94 low Scout Scope Mount and may commit heresy as you did.....any chance you would share the make of the mount? I have been looking at XS Site ( http://www.xssights.com/store/scope.html ) and it looks decent but I am always looking to the experience of other.

/s/Randy
    aka UP Grouseman

Checked out your posting like the way it looks i belive its a leupold mount any chance u would share the model number for that peticular mount? im looking to use the same set up

The offset scope mount and rotating the knobs won't affect accuracy. The Garand, Russian, Chinese, and Romanian snipers all use offset scope mounts. Just remember all your adjustments will be opposite: "up" will be left, "down" will be right, "left" will be down, and "right" will be up.

i did the whole turn the scope so the knob wont be in the way. but then when i went to go shoot it it was off, so i started tuning the scope and it got worse then after about 10 rds. i remembered that i have it turned.

I have another Win 94 30 30 that i have the scope the right way, and beleive it or not for the past 2 years when i go and site it in for deer season, im still hitting dead center bulls eye. And i even take that out to the range to test some loads, so this rifle with side mount and the scope going the correct way has held true for 2 years with about 75rds down the tube.

Its all about preference, just remember if you turn the scope to remember that you turned it, i had a duhh moment when i was trying to get that one sighted back in.

Looking for the make of the mount pictured in the photo posted by tomob1 on his 94 lever action scout mount. Any body out there knows of the mount please forward. I already know about the various other mounts but i will not tap and thus looking for a make that uses ONLY the dovetail and the front barrel strap.

You do know that you need to use a pistol scope because of the distance.

Clyde is offline Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by flowboy143 View Post
    You do know that you need to use a pistol scope because of the distance.
    Or scopes (known as IER or LER) designed for forward mounting on rifles - commonly available now, what with the popularity of Scout Rifles.

Brownell's has a pretty extensive listing of available mounts and can probably help guntalk find what he is looking for.,
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

If you must put a scope on a top eject 94 I think the forward mount is the way to go. I find the offset side mount very awkward to use, personally. Any of them take away from the beautiful balance and handling of the 94. I much prefer a good aperture sight on a 94 but maybe I'm a dinosaur.