Default info on Unique 6.35mm pistol?

I made a sort of impulse purchase of a little French Unique 6.35mm pistol at an auction recently. It's in fine shape and has no import marks.

The slide reads: MANUFACURE DARNESDES PYRENELS HENDAYE LEVERITARLE PISOLET FRANCAIS UNIQUE MARQUE DEPOSEE CAL 6.35 mm M/U SFM. The grips read: UNIQUE.

The serial number is 2642XX.

Now for some questions: Is this a Model 10? Does anyone know about when it was made? (I"m thinking between the wars. If so, I'm also wondering if these were possibly confiscated and carried by German troops as hide-away weapons after the fall of France.)

What is it's approximate value?

I apologize for all the questions, but I haven't had much luck with an Internet search and don't have any reference books that cover it. Thanks in advance for any replies....

This pistol is a Unique Modèle 10, a classic small caliber defense pistol made between both wars.
    Now, all can be guessed about yours, as during the occupation, practically all weapons, notably handguns, had to be returned to the occupying forces.

Well, I don't read French, but if what I get from "1890-1990 Les Pistolets Automatiques Francais" by Jean Huon you're pistol could be a Model 10, 11, 12 13, 14. The only pictures of these are the 10 & 14. They have the same slide legend & I know the 10 & 14 are 6.35mm, so I assume the others are also (book doesn't say). The book also doesn't break anything down by serial number. The Model 15 (which I have) appears to start the 7.65mm pistol.

Most of these pistols looked the same on the exterior with a magazine capacity change. The Model 10 held 6 cartridges while the Model 14 held 9 cartridges. Don't know about the models in between. The grips are the same, shorter for the model 10, but both had "Unique" at the top & a "Lion" at the bottom.

May not be much help, but you now know it's between a Model 10 - 14. Sure wish the book had a serial number break down.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by teiko41 View Post
    " May not be much help, but you now know it's between a Model 10 - 14 "
    Don

- Model 11 : improvement of the Model 10 with a grip safety and a loading indicator ; 6 rounds
    - Model 12 : same as Model 11, without a grip safety, 6 rounds
    - Model 13 : released in 1925, magazine capacity extended to 7 rounds
    And to add some confusion, Unique manufactured the Model 10 for other companies that sold under them their brand name : IXOR, ARMUS, AUDAX, DEMON and many others, including à... LE LION !
    The same was true for the Unique Model 10 direct challenger, the MAB Type A.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post

- Model 11 : improvement of the Model 10 with a grip safety and a loading indicator ; 6 rounds
    - Model 12 : same as Model 11, without a grip safety, 6 rounds
    - Model 13 : released in 1925, magazine capacity extended to 7 rounds
    And to add some confusion, Unique manufactured the Model 10 for other companies that sold under them their brand name : IXOR, ARMUS, AUDAX, DEMON and many others, including à... LE LION !
    The same was true for the Unique Model 10 direct challenger, the MAB Type A.

Thanks for the great information. Mine is definitely a Model 10, based on the descriptions you have provided. Any ideas on overall value? It has about 70 percent blue, excellent grips and a very good bore. It has just the one magazine and a homemade holster. Thanks again....