Gunboards Forums banner

Makarov air guns - models and differences?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  captain@ 
#1 ·
I received a Makarov CO2 gun for Christmas, sold by Pyramid Air, from Umarex. A good looking gun and I am curious now what different air gun versions there are and the differences between them.

This gun uses a co2 cartridge, and has a 16 4.5mm bb's capacity. The slide racks, and it has a safety, and operates in SA and DA. I have yet to shoot it. Looks like a real Mak except the finish is real shiny. The slide is definately not a Mak slide. I am mostly sure it is painted and not a bluing, parkerizing, or gunkote type finish.

The sights are poor, all black, no dots or outlines.

http://www.pyramydair.com/p/makarov-co2-air-pistol.shtml

D

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi,
I know at least 3 different models of Airsoft Makarov's (see pic). Yours (up left), the MP654-K (middle) and a Brocock (up right) conversion. As I don't use them for competition, but only for fun and as collectible, I'm unable to tell you wich one is the more precise. The more difficult to do with is the Brocock one. The system is far too complicated.
PS: My Umarex has no litterature on the slide: this model is sold in Europe.

#3 ·
Very nice collection... I want to add others to mine, and I want the most similar in design if possible. Since discharging a firearm in the city limits is a big no no I will be practicing my concealed draw and double taps in the back yard until my range re-opens.

D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.