Thread: Cavim 7.62x51

Default Cavim 7.62x51

Hello, any problems shooting cavim 7.62z51 in a Winchester model 70 chambered in 308 ? A good friend has one and I had some leftover cavim from my Browning experience and didn't need it so thought I would give it to him. Thanks for the replies
    ISAIAH 41:10

It ought to be fine shooting it out of that Model 70. The only problem I've ever run into with CAVIM brass was with my M1A. The batch I had was really hard brass. Found that out when I re-sized it for reloading, and I should have stopped there. The only extraction problems I've ever had with my rifle was with that CAVIM reloaded ammo. Had the first failures to extract, and almost every round did it. I loaded it to U.S. GI M-80 specs, but this stuff was worse than useless. I toss any CAVIM brass into the recycle can whenever I find it.

I've found CAVIM 7.62x51 to be dirty and not very accurate. Bullet sealed in with tar like substance. Seems to be reliable ignition tho.
    I used it some when it was cheap but even then it was discounted in price versus South African or Portuguese, for good reason.
    It's better than nothing but not great.
    Assault weapon is a term invented and used for propaganda.

My CETME and FR8 both like CAVIM ammo. I have reloaded a few cases, with good results. Mine was decently accurate - better than SA!

Thanks for the replies. As to its accuracy...... it was all I ever ran in my 1919 Browning and was very accurate considering . Not one hole accuracy mind you but I shot very good groups with it. Thanks again
    ISAIAH 41:10