Thread: My G24(T)

Default My G24(T)

Last week I bought this G24(T) mauser. At the time I had never heard of the G24(T). I have found some info on them but not much. Anything that the members here can tell me about it would be appreciated. The rifle is in very good condition. Unfortunatly the bolt does not match the rest of the gun. Everything else seems to match and be correct. The bore is in like new condition. There is no pitting and very little blue wear. I pulled it out of the stock and all the metal under the sock line looks like new. The inletting in the stock doesn't have a scratch in it. As I have not been able to find any of these for sale any info on their value would be appreciated. I can take more pictures if anyone wants them.
    Thanks
    Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1047.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	314.8 KB 
ID:	279190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1045.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	279186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1043.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	310.5 KB 
ID:	279185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1041.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	306.3 KB 
ID:	279184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1040.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	280.1 KB 
ID:	279183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1039.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	324.1 KB 
ID:	279182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1038.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	321.7 KB 
ID:	279181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1036.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	220.2 KB 
ID:	279180Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1035.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	279179Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1031.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	309.5 KB 
ID:	279178Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1061.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	279177Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1037.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	323.6 KB 
ID:	279176

Beautiful rifle Steve, thanks for sharing. What BiO said. With all the Vz.24 parts, a straight bolt, blued, should be an easy, cheap find.
    http://k98kforum.com/
    K98k Research and Reference Forum
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. " -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Wisconsin, the land of cow $hit and beer farts.

I bought one a year ago on the VERY cheap and was told at that time $1300.00. Mine too is a bolt mm but with a correct matching bolt. Condition very comparable.
    Wisconsin, land of cow $hit and beer farts.

Quote Originally Posted by award View Post
    I bought one a year ago on the VERY cheap and was told at that time $1300.00. Mine too is a bolt mm but with a correct matching bolt. Condition very comparable.
    That is encouraging. I also bought this one very cheap. I imagine that finding a correct bolt would be tough.

Thanks Bob. Great info.

Steve

when i first read g24(t) and that you'd never heard of one before you bought it i was waiting to see how bad you got taken. but you done good, nice rifle!
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that shall herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdibbs88 View Post
    when i first read g24(t) and that you'd never heard of one before you bought it i was waiting to see how bad you got taken. but you done good, nice rifle!
    I paid $150 for the gun. I figured I would be ok no matter what it was.
    Steve

Hello: In reference to your G24 (t). Rifle was manufactured by code "dou" (Waffenwerke Brunn, Bystrica) in 1942. The G24 (t) is the German adoption of the Czech VZ24. In total, 333,000 were manufactured 1940-42, prior to switch over to K98k production. I
    have personally seen these in two different configurations. The first, is with a converted VZ24 European walnut stock inletted for the
    German sling configuration. On this version, the VZ24 sling inlets are wood filled. The second variaiton is like the one you have with
    the standard German laminated stock. From my observations, the receiver, bolt and butt stock contain matching serial numbers. Also, you may find some Czech proof marks on the bolt handle root. As to raitiy, these are not common rifles as it is my
    understanding that the majoirty of these rifles were issued to the Waffen SS and eventually ended up on the Eastern Front. As to value, mismatched items definitely have a negative impact upon value. You may find additional value information on page
    170, of Petersen's Stamdard Catalog of Military Firearms. In excellent condition, all matched I would presume, Petersen shows $950.
    Non matched rifles probably half of that value. On the other hand, I do not believe that these are really collector appreciated and
    the value for an excellent matched rifle is in the neighborhood of $1200 to $1300.

Quote Originally Posted by sdh600 View Post
    I paid $150 for the gun. I figured I would be ok no matter what it was.
    Steve
    you figured right- i think any german gun at $150 is a no brainer, and you got a sweet deal.
    im not real up to date on the price of these, but whatever values you do get, the general rule is if the bolt is mismatched the value is half, give or take. that also goes for k98s etc.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that shall herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin

Wisconsin, the land of cow $hit and beer farts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaczman View Post
    Non matched rifles probably half of that value. On the other hand, I do not believe that these are really collector appreciated and
    the value for an excellent matched rifle is in the neighborhood of $1200 to $1300.
    That is crazy to think that a matched specimen is $1200 to $1300.00. Value is determined by what people are paying for an item, not by a book. I have a few matched examples from gunbroker sales that I saved on k98s(which are more common) and they are over $2k. IF you find a matched g24(t) for $1200 please let me know as I will be happy to purchase it instead of you.

Edit: Here are 3 links to k98s I mention. What does your book say they are worth?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=150104150
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=153632812
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=154490994

I sold a 41 g24(t) with mm bolt and mm stock for $500.00 about a year ago.
    Wisconsin, land of cow $hit and beer farts.