Gunboards Forums banner

Star Model A

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  gewehr44 
#1 ·
I have a Sar Model A in 38 Auto (not 38 super auto) with two serialed matching clips in the box which also is se Table Furniture
rialed to the pistol. the overall condition I would rate at between 85-90% with an obviously used but not pitted bore. The
exterior finish is a conservative 90%. Any comments regarding its history and value would be most appreciated. Thanks, Jim Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Air gun

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice. A little more info would help. It looks like the transitional from the model 1922 to Model A. Do the magazines have a script "GC" on them besides the serial number? What is the serial number (you can "**" the last few digits if you wish). Any visible proof marks?

#6 ·
All, Thanks for all the input. To answer Bob's question, there are no "GC" marks on the clips. The ser. No. is 22803 and the slide is marked "Bonofacio Echeverria", "EIBAR <ESPANA>", "<STAR>" "CAL 9 M/M" and under that is "38". It is marked "Made in Spain" just over the front of the trigger guard. There is a single proof mark forward of the maker's name with a crown over two back-to-back 3s. The clips have similar proofs. Thanks for the help. Jim

#7 ·
Sounds like the bolt-face has been relieved to allow use of the 38 ACP (which is a semi-rimmed round with a nominal .405" rim and base diameter of .383" vs the Largo's nominal .392" and .390"). I wouldn't shoot 38 Super in one of these.

#8 · (Edited)
The mark is a crown over a styled "GC" which looks like back to back 3's. This is a Gaurdia Civil trade mark. Serial number should place it in the Model 1922 range, but the toes of the magazine should also bear the "GC" mark besides the serial number of the gun. As the Model 1922 transitioned into the Model A, the "GC" trademark was dropped.

#10 ·
Bob, You are right. Both clips have the crown and stalalized GC struck on them and are serialed to the gun. As well, the box is lable on the side "Model A cal. 38" with the serial 22803 hand written beneath. I didn't recognize the "back-to-back 3s" as GC. Sorry about my poor pictures. Any idea as to scarcity/value? Thanks for everyone's help. Jim

#11 ·
When Interarms imported and distributed these, they lumped them all together as "Model A" pistols, but there were Model 1920, Model 1921, and Model 1922 pistols in with the lot. With the two matching mags and the original Interarms box, value is easily $350 to $400

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.