Gunboards Forums banner

Price check Model 1917 eddystone

10K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  taylora 
#1 ·
Hi, I have always wanted an american rifle for my collection. I have the opportunity to buy a Model 1917 eddystone but want to get a price check from you guys before I make the deal. The gunshop wants $500 for the rifle. I am friends with the owner and may get a better price.

Here are the details:
-non imported
-nice bore
-30-06 cal
-all parts are eddystone except bolt body which is winchester marked, barrel is marked ja
-undated ww2 leather sling

Also, does it have original blue and wood finish?
What do you guys think....

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·

JA barrel is a WWII replacement barrel. The problem with cracked receivers was mainly an issue with Eddystone receivers. Had something to do with the original barrel being torqued too tight at the factory and improperly removed when rebarreled causing cracks in the receiver. You can check for cracks by removing the barreled action from the stock. Swab the receiver ring area with rubbing alcohol, and inspect carefully for cracks. The alcohol evaporates just about instantly from the surface, but will soak into any cracks, making them visible. Price sounds good.

#7 ·
best way to find if its been rebuilt is look on the left side of the stock for a OGEK RA-P 1917 rifles that are in origanl will not have this mark but knowing from the barrel id say 500 is a fair price get it is best shooting 3006 rifle i have ever owned

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.