Thread: Opinions on FALCO holsters? How many use them?

Default Opinions on FALCO holsters? How many use them?

I am considering a FALCO shoulder holster, and another pancake type with thumb retention for my mak ccw.....Just curious what everyone thinks about the quality of these? I really do not tend to care much for hip holsters that do not have thumb retentions on them.....My ffl was carrying at a gun show one time, sat down to use the restroom, and a 1200 doller 1911 fell out of the holster he was wearing and bounced on concrete, ruining the finnish on a brand new gun......

So I use holsters with retention.....

But opinions?

I also prefer some sort of retention for OWB carry but if a holster fits right your gun won't ever just fall out. That being said, I haven't used a Falco yet and wouldn't mind hearing some feed back also.

I use 2 Falco shoulder rigs, primarily in the winter, when dress allows for it. One for my CZ97, and another for the PM. They are sturdy, well made, comfortable holsters. Great for driving long distances. Only thing I didn't like about them were the elastic straps at the bottom that hook the rigs to the top of your pants. they don't stay adjusted, and are unnecessary anyway. Easy to slide into, throw on a jacket and go!
    Tha Makarovnik formerly known as Patman

since I started carrying, I have always prefered shoulder holster......

I have a leather OWB with retention strap and my son uses one of their leather shoulder holsters with the mag pouches under the opposite arm...well made and was easy to order from the Falco website...took about 2 weeks to get from Europe...and shipping was free when we ordered both together.
    Thanks, Smak

it would be very tempting to save up and do the same then....I want a retention strap pancake type....but I do want brown. I think they offer all in brown too.....

I have 3 various Falco shoulder holsters and one IWB and all are 1st class! I have used for years without any problems. - Thick leather, quality stitch work, and reasonably priced. Would put against my Galcos and Bianchi anytime for everyday use.

One of my shoulder hosters converts to a pancake style belt holster by undoing the straps. I've never configured it that way, but looks like it would do a god job. - May be worth looking at if still available.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorBotts View Post
    I have 3 various Falco shoulder holsters and one IWB and all are 1st class! I have used for years without any problems. - Thick leather, quality stitch work, and reasonably priced. Would put against my Galcos and Bianchi anytime for everyday use.

One of my shoulder hosters converts to a pancake style belt holster by undoing the straps. I've never configured it that way, but looks like it would do a god job. - May be worth looking at if still available.
    I have one rig that I pulled the straps off of, and it does work great on the belt. Rides high & tight.
    Tha Makarovnik formerly known as Patman

I routinely use a Falco IWB holster (and have a spare one for whenever . . . ). I also have a Mak shoulder rig that works very well. Additionally, I have a shoulder rig for a long ago traded off CZ-52 which, for both gun and mags, is a perfect fit for my Star Modelo Super pistols.

Quality of workmanship and function in all these is first rate. Like all leather holsters, a little break-in is necessary to get them functioning like you want. PM66 is right on about using the holster from the shoulder rig on a belt. I have parts of a couple of eBay purchased shoulder rigs, and have done the same thing with one of them, though I don't often have the opportunity to carry on my belt. In the woods I move up to a Redhawk .44 Mag for the pigs from hell. CB

well, I won two cz82 shoulder holsters off of ebay, and let me tell you: they rock. Hold the mak close and tight to the body, do not print......I actually forgot I was carring sunday, got out of my truck and had to check to see if I had the mak on...had a small laugh over that. Very well made, and VERY cheap......I may not get a falco, we'll just have to see.....although, the dual mag pouch does appeal to me.....

I carry in a IWB Falco with retention. A top notch holster in my opinion. The price is good as well.
    It's about the recovery, stupid!

Ruger P95
    Bulgarian Makarov
    Ruger Mark II 22/45
    Ruger Mark I

i carry an owb bianchii shadow with strap for my mak. i also use one for my sig 229. i have milt sparks vm 2 iwb for the sig (my main carry) but haven't found one for the mak yet as i don't care for the ludicrous price and wait and so its harder to find a used one

fyi, ppk/sig 230 holsters work well with maks