Default Help ID 8mm ammo with no headstamp?

At an estate sale yesterday I found a brass stripper clip (no markings, no dimples, steel spring) loaded with 5 rounds that appear to be 8mm. Brass cases with no headstamp - the primer is flat and there is a circle in the case surrounding the primer. The bullets have a reddish color just above the neck. There were also some fired rounds with 2 flash holes visible inside and a second unloaded clip. Any ideas on what these might be? Thanks.

sounds like 7.7 jap WW2 issue

If 7.7 Japanese, the cases should be about 1mm longer than an 8x57mm Mauser case. They might also have a slight semi-rimmed feel to the rim.
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Thank you for the info - looking on the net for Japanese 7.7 ammo I found a picture that tells me that's what I have. If it had been German I'd have a place for it but I'll probably still hang onto it as it seems pretty rare. You never know what you're going to find at an estate sale.