Default Small Ring Mexican Mauser ACtion Limits?

I have a Mexican Mauser in .22-250 that has been professionally customized back in the day and it is a wonderful and beutiful piece of metal and wood! I have been thinking about putting one together myself. I might have access to an action and was wondering what the limitations are for cartridge selections as far as pressure goes. I know the .22-250 is running up around 65,000 psi.

Not quite sure If I'll get it, and if I do, not quite sure of the caliber. I have always thought a .257 Rob, or a .257 Imp. might be kinda cool.

I had a 257 Rob put together on a G33/40 action that had a remington barrel in 30-06 when I bought it. Now if I could just get it back from my son.

Rad
    NRA Benefactor Member

AMA Life Member

Life Member Tri State Gun Collectors

Clyde is offline Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

If you stick to a head diameter no greater than the Mauser Standard (12mm/.473" nominal), I wouldn't have any hesitancy in going to a round with a SAAMI established max pressure of 65K psi in a Mexican Mauser. I also would probably consider that about my own upper limit for that (or any other Mauser military) action.

Edit - let me be clear - when i say "that is about my limit for any Mauser military action" that includes large ring Mauser 98s as well. Commercial actions - get little more complicated in the decision-making department.
    Last edited by Clyde; 02-27-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

Its a small ring Mauser 98, same as the G33/40 and the commercial Brno 21-22. Just what Clyde said above. Later Mexican Model 1954 was chambered for the 30/06.
    Bob

Thanks guys, I have my mauser book around somewhere but can't seem to find it so this helps. I'll have to see if I can get the action.