Default T-38 sling w/ aluminium buckle

I don't know if it's me or the site, but I've been trying to post a photo of this sling for awhile but when I hit upload, I just get a little red thing that looks like this !, and a error message. I see other folks have posted photos since I' have been trying. I've posted photos before.

Anyway I wanted to post a photo of this sling that has an aluminium buckle I had picked up at the SOS for only $15.00. I don't know if aluminium buckles on slings are that common but this is the first one I've seen. The sling is in excellent condition and I can't believe some folks don't check what the values are on items before they sell them.

You can see photos of the sling here http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...4270#post44270
    Ray
    Last edited by RayG_Wisconsin; 02-28-2010 at 10:58 AM.

My belief would be it originally came off a Murata Type 22.

Nice sling and a steal at that price!
    I have two slings with aluminum buckles. One of them has the "keeper" sewn differently. It's butted & stitched rather than overlapped like most others.
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated
    The Borg

Ray,
    have you checked the size of the photo? must be less than 300kb, also renaming it somthing simple may work.
    03man - Don Voigt
    Author of "The Japanese T99 Arisaka Rifle" 2010 edition
    Co-author of "The Knee Mortars of Japan 1921-1945" 2011 edition
    Near Charlotte, NC

I never had trouble posting photos and their size before. Also tried renaming the photos. I'll try rebooting the computer, maybe a glitch in it, Ray

Well I give up, rebooted and no difference. I have already posted 71 photos on the board which show in the file when I hit attachment and try to add the photo. I don't think I'm doing anythng different, but you never know at my age, LOL, Ray
    Last edited by RayG_Wisconsin; 02-28-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Email it to me and I'll see if I can post it.
    03man - Don Voigt
    Near Charlotte, NC

testing, trying to re-post/attach one of the photos I had already posted in the past to see if that works. If you don't see the photo it didn't work.

looks like it didn't work either. I dragged ths photo down from my previously posted photo list. it pulled it down and displayed it to be attached but this is the way it attached. It's a dead attachment.

When I try to add a new photo and click on the red "!", I get this message, " IO EMO Event type, Phase II equal text error, 500 error event "

Also when I first click on attachment. There appears a blank screen with the curser all the way to the left. I have to move the curser to the center before I see the attachment box. I don't hink that's normal is it? Also the majority of the text is the faded gray. Ray
    Last edited by RayG_Wisconsin; 03-01-2010 at 06:35 AM.

Ray,
    that is not normal. Vic has mentioned how to fix it a couple times, but I forgot what.

PM Vic and maybe he can tell you what to do.
    03man - Don Voigt
    Near Charlotte, NC

Will do,
    The last photos I posted were 2-24 on the Lee Enfield thread. No problem then so something has changed, Ray

Ray showed me the sling/buckle at SOS. The sling is definitely Japanese, buckle is "interesting."
    Assistance is futile. You will be assonated!

The Zorg

You can see my two aluminum buckled slings in this photo of my sling pile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0112.jpg  
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated
    The Borg

After a lot of frustration trying to post photos but could'nt even though I had no problems before and after upgrading my browser which still didn't help, Vic took pity on me and after 3-4 PM's he corrected what ever was wrong and fixed it were I can now post photos again. I imagine that gunboards up grade has given him one large afterquake. Anyway, here are the photos finally, Ray
    Last edited by RayG_Wisconsin; 03-05-2010 at 09:44 AM.