Default 88 30-06 Headstamp ??

Bought a few boxes of these years ago and would like to know where they were manufactured. Came in cardboard boxes, 250 rounds on the typical US 30 cal metal machine gun links. Headstamp is 88 at 12 o,clock, and 30-06 at 6 o'clock. Primer has a red (or dark orange) sealer.

I want to shoot this in my Garand, but need to make sure it's they correct load for that use. Also want to make sure it's non-corrosive. The referece on the web says 88 is US made by Olin in Alton, IL. Is that correct for this ammo?
    Last edited by Franz 1796; 02-28-2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added detail.

That might be Yugoslavian...
    "The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament..."

I'm starting, to suspect that I, don't know how to use commas.

You might be correct. I found a website with info that supports the Yugoslavian origin.

http://100megsfree4.com/airground/ammo/yugoslav.htm

Headstamp: 88

Manufacturer: Western Cartridge Company (Olin), East Alton, IL

http://www.theakforum.net/photos/IAA.mht
    I Swear On My Life, And My Love Of It, That I Will Never Live For The Sake Of Another Man, Nor Ask Another Man To Live For Mine. - John Galt

88 is the date of mfg (1988) on that Yugoslav headstamp. Used by the Yugoslavs (Igman) and just about everyone else. You can find that "88" on Billions of rounds of Military ammuntion made in 1988 that were NOT made by Western Cartridge Co.

Where in order to get to the South, you have to go north

Correct. Igman (yugo) ammo made for Venezuela in 1988. Incorrectly sold in US as CAVIM made. Good stuff. Bˇxer prime, non corr.