Thread: Cz Ammo

smile Cz Ammo

I have about 500 rounds of 7.62x22 85gr FMJ ammo has anyone loaded this into a 7.62x51 or 30/06 cases to make a light load.

I have not done this but I have read the reports of some who did exactly that. They Use the Powder and bullet to make a "gallery load" in the rifle case. I never saw any problems from those guys...but be REAL careful not to double charge a case as it is hard to see that 8grs of powder down in that LONG case. I am not sure that a double charge would be catastrophic...but I do not want to be the guinea pig on that one!

Instead of going to all the trouble of Dismantling and Reloading the CZ style 7,62x25 ammo into .30/06, why not just make a Chamber adaptor ( 30/06 outer shape, chambered for 7,62x25)?
    With CNC machining these days, make even several ( for magazine loading and rapid fire practice.). Costs on these items has come down materially with improved CNC techniques...Use a piece of .30 cal barrel for making the Inserts, so one has a bit of rifling as well.

As to the 8 grain/16grain Powder problem ( "double Charging") A lot of Reloaders use up to 20 grains of Pistol Powders (Slow) to make "Gallery" and "Plinking" Loads using both Cast and Jacketed Bullets in .30/06 and similar capacity rifle cartridges.

I would be carefull that a simple 8 grains from a 7,62x25 would "Squib" in a .30/06 case given the extra volume and the long barrel length, leading to a possibility of a stuck bullet in the bore....
    where as a simple cartridge adaptor would obviate the problem ( pressures are maintained.)

Have a look at the options...I have made "Gallery loads" for 8x56R, using primed original cases, .33 Round ball, and 10 grains of Shotgun Powder, wadded down to ensure full burning with Dacron, and it is fine over 30 metres( My Test Tunnel); but blackening of the neck and body indicates the pressure is a bit low, not forcing the case out to seal the chamber.

Regards,
    Doc AV
    AV Ballistics.

Quote Originally Posted by m60 tanker View Post
    I have about 500 rounds of 7.62x22 85gr FMJ ammo has anyone loaded this into a 7.62x51 or 30/06 cases to make a light load.
    I've been reloading 7.62x25 bullets into 308 cases for awhile now. They are surprisingly accurate and the reduced recoil is easy on the shoulder. I was not reusing the powder but I may have to give it a try...
    "The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament..."

I'm starting, to suspect that I, don't know how to use commas.

Gun-lover this is m-60 tanker what type of power and the charge are you using

All I need is a good load and type of powder to use to make this load. 50yds will be the max of my shooting.

I have load data for putting them full-up in a Mosin's 54R round, just haven't done it yet. Not a "plinking load".