Is this Chinese or Russian bipod?

Thread: Is this Chinese or Russian bipod?

Default Is this Chinese or Russian bipod?

Got this from Rusmilitary (http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_accessories.htm) today. The bipod appears to be a bit strange mixture of Chinese airsoft Dragunov bipod and Russian bipod Berg shows here (http://www.dragunov.net/bipod.html#hexagon). For example the legs have matte finish, only one rivet on each leg and the inner clamp locking screw has a hex nut like the Chinese bipods but then again the clamps have glossy finish, their shape is more rounded than on the Chinese version and the outer screw is smooth.

Are these just $40 airsoft bipods that are sold for $280?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b1..jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	294165

Name:	b2..jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	291.6 KB 
ID:	294167

Name:	b3..jpg 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	294166

Name:	b4..jpg 
Size:	215.9 KB 
ID:	294169

Name:	b6..jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	211.1 KB 
ID:	294168

Name:	b5..jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	262.3 KB 
ID:	294170

It looks like a chinese one the allen screw and single rivet on the lags give it away. Here is a link to a comparison of the two I have the chinese one and it is great best 56 dollars I ever spent.
    http://dragunov.net/bipod.htmlnt.

looks chinese..$40 on line from airsoft in hong kong

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

This one is very similiar but the locking screw has screwdriver slot as it should.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...PICS*&p=690185

could some one please post that airsoft web page again, i deleted it before i bought the bipod.

thanks
    vaughn

I'm going to Hong Kong in a couple of weeks and plan on picking up a few at one of the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by christopherdx3 View Post

Legs look the same, only clamps are different.

A ripoff anyway.

If you are looking for a bipod I recomend the airsoft one its a fraction of the cost and made as well as the russian one. I have one on my drag and have had no problems with it at all in fact by putting the bipod on the gun it has made it more accurate with me behind it. The mounting point is great since it is darn near at the center of balane so the rifle feels much lighter when you aim.

Oh boy, I wonder if we have a third variant here now or is it some kind of hybrid as previously mentioned. Definitely has features of both Russian and Chinese. Since the "Russian" versions are made by who-knows-who in Russia, it's possible they could have changed some details in their production at some point.

I see from Oleg's ad the bipod does have the notch in both side of the clamp, but it also has the two rivets on each leg, which is not like what you got.

Edited to add:

My Russian bipod is maybe about 10 years old so it's possible they made some detail changes since then and the Chinese maker copied the most recent version, but that's of course just a guess.

Thanks Berg!

I understood these bipods came in a shipment of all kinds of spares Oleg got from Russia recently but I may be wrong.

thanks
    christ

Later
    vaughn99

If you are looking for a bipod I recomend the airsoft one its a fraction of the cost and made as well as the russian one. I have one on my drag and have had no problems with it at all in fact by putting the bipod on the gun it has made it more accurate with me behind it. The mounting point is great since it is darn near at the center of balane so the rifle feels much lighter when you aim.
    Where to find a decent $40 airsoft bipod?
    For that amount, I'd go for one.

There is a link above to the site to order one.

There is a link above to the site to order one.
    Got it.
    Thanks

Not sure if this thread had anything to do with it but it seems Rusmilitary.com has changed their product desigantion to distinguish these bipods from those made by Hexagon.

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_accessories.htm

ASD-S101 Telescopic Bipod (for SVD/Tigr)

Made in Moscow, this heavy duty bipod with a strong steel body was specifically designed for Dragunov-type rifles (SVD, SVDS, Tigr) & now used by many Special Forces troops in Russia. The bipod comes with quick-release clamps mountable onto the receiver via the grooves on each side. The height of bipod can be adjusted via 4-stage telescopic 'legs' from 20cm (8") to 26cm (10") / Chinese copy from Hexagon is 100% steel construction, but we offer no warranty if used on firearm.. hence the difference in price..

GHood