Thread: Rock Solid scope mounts

Default Rock Solid scope mounts

Now don't go ripping at me for altering a great collectors item. I have no intention of doing so to this one but have though about getting a beater and fixing it up to be a bench gun of sorts.

My question. Has anyone had experience with the Rock Solid mounts for the K-31 or even the Mosin Nagants? They look, as the name implies, completely solid and have caught my attention. I would love to have a surplus rifle that I could take to the range and outshoot many of the more modern rifles that people bring out there.

The swiss mounts are really expensive and need to be put on by them but the mosin mounts look more reasonable to me. But that adds the problem of the straight bolt. Maybe someday I'll start the build on one of these guns.

Link Here:
    http://www.rocksolidind.com/gpage.html

You can see more examples on surplusrifles , in the sporterizing section . All of the reports so far are positive. If Dr. X-ring says it's OK, well, good enough for me.

I have wondered about them for a year now. Love the idea. Many people think they work very, very well. I just think they are ugly, expensive, and excessively bulky. I have been debating this vs one of the left side Mauser-style mounts for a year now.

I put scout scope mounts on two of my K-31s. It goes on over the existing sight and does not modify the rifle at all. Can be put back to stock as there are no taps required. You can still use the iron sights with it on as you can just see under the mount. Got them from BRENSHOK LLC. [email protected] for about $50.