Default Charles Daly Auto-Pointer

Does anyone have any info on these shotguns? I know it was made in Japan by the Yanamoto company. It looks like a clone of a Browning A5. Id really love the find a parts list with pictures. Thanks.

Huh? The name is unfortunate, sounding like it should be on a robot hunting dog!

I hope it isn't the Japanese A5 clone I'm thinking of, 10 or 15 years ago someone was trying to sell a bunch dirt cheap. I saw one under repair and the problem was a break in a long, convoluted, multi-purpose spring. Parts were completely unavailable but the spring dimensions and locations of all its loops and bends were critical, and the cost to make a good spring and fix it probably prohibitive. I don't recall the name but it wasn't Charles Daly .

The construction may or may not be different from the Charles Daly as Japanese A5 clones included, according to http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=110995 , the Yamamoto Pointer, Mida, Nikko, Nikko/Charles Daly Pointer, Kodensha and Kawaguchiya (KFC imported by LaPaloma Marketing). Some guns were sold through Golden Eagle, Kyowa-Boeki-Bussan and others. Apparently some of the supposed manufacturers involvement was limited to their names, the records are gone, and nobody knows much about them.

Parts for these clones are generally not interchangable, not available and will not fit A5s.

Although Numrich has a few parts I could not find a parts diagram.
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

I have seen one at Gander Mtn. wasn't a CD but a Diawa, looked just like a A5. they had a tag price of $500 on it. After reading the different threads about the clones, I might offer $150 for it.

I have the KFC (sold as Daiwa in the US),I believe its a straight copy of the A5.Personally,I really like it.Glass smooth action and fits me better than about any other 12 bore I have owned (quite a few).Saw a 'pointer' in a gunshop rack a little while back and its not quite the same as a A5,similar but somehow a little different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JapA5.jpg  

I was in a local gunshop yesterday,and they actually had 2 of the 'pointers' in their racks as well as I think 4 of the Browning A-5 guns.They were sitting next to each other on the rack so I was able to compare the guns closely,the pointer is close but its not a screw-for-screw copy of the A5,different tang design,shell lifter looks a little different (its a one piece design,like the earlier A5's),slightly different receiver profile etc.Some of the parts MAY interchange but I would say most would not.The KFC I have I believe is a exact copy of the Browning.For all the criticism I have read of the pointers,the standard of manufacture actually looks very high,they were nicely made and finished guns for sure.