Default where can I find a butterknife bolt handle?

I am looking to have a butter knife bolt handle put an a couple of bolts, but cant find one any where. brownell/midway had them a year and a half ago but they have been discontinued. brownells told me they were made by meier works, but Tennessee gun crap (parts) bought them out and discontinued them. I AM WILLING TO SHIP MY BOLTS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY IF ANYONE HAS A GOOD SOURCE/GUNSMITH FOR THEM Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Butterknife handles come in a variety of types.

I have a box full of bolt handles and some butterknife types.

PM or e mail me if your are interested in any of these.

I would like to sell all of them in a set, but I am flexible.

Some of our gun club members that sporterized M/N M38s and M44 used some of the butterknife handles and they looked and worked great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bolt handles feb .jpg   bolt handles feb .jpg  

Try http://riceone1.com/id17.html But all I saw were Mausers.

Otherwise I couldn't find anything. Apparently the butter knife handle isn't popular even with mannlichers anymore because its harder to operate, especially with a sticky cartridge. It sure does look nice though!

One problem with an MN is that the bolt handle is pretty far forwatd from the trigger and it'd be faster and more comfortable to cycle if you sweep the handle back some.

Jim the Boltman at http://www.mosinnagant.net/Boltman/Boltman.html has a bunch of MN bolts shown. No butter knives though. He did a great job on my 2 Mauser bolts, and for better fit with my scoped rifles I had him do it extra low and I filed the knobs flat - looks sexier! Still easy to operate.
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

You might try max_shepherd on ebay or Gun Broker. He does the best bolt conversions I have seen. Check out my web page.

i made my last one from a 3/4" grade 8 bolt after buying one from midway and seeing that it was cast.
    i used the crappy cast one as a template. i rough shaped it with a 4" angle grinder then used files & sandpaper to finish it.
    if a butterknife handle is done right they are very easy to use and they actually work better on rifles with a forward bolt handle like a mannlicher schoenauer or a mosin nagant.
    most people try to tuck the handle in to close to the stock, the bottom of the bolt handle should stick out around an inch.
    on a mannlicher schoenauer they are very fast. you pull the trigger then come straight put with your hand and your palm catches the bolt handle.
    i have them on both of my mannlicher schoenaures 1903/14's, a mauser and a springfield 1903. i would only use them on rifles that have a forward bolt hande

I red some where that I can no longer find that one of the 1950's era home gun smithing books has has instructions.

I was considering tying to cut a couple myself out of bar stock. I don't think it would be that hard to rough cut the shape and finish it up on a grinder, I would still want someone with bolt welding experience to do the mig/tig work I learned on stick, and am still not that comfortable with anything else. does any one know what type/grade/number steel bar stock I would get?

Pick up an old open end wrench at a flea market. get one with the proper handle size. I did this on a 93 Mauser it looks pretty good.
    Brownells has some listed as well.
    good luck!