Default 1911 grips on a star Super

can they adapted to fit or it not worth the effort? gungripguys.com has some for $18, but if this gun didn't have dings and some rust, it wouldn't have any finish.. Afraid it would look odd.

Bob In St. Louis is offline Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member/Super Moderator

Screw holes do not line up the same.

Gungripguys also make grips specifically for the Star Supers (also fits Star B, Star A, Star Super B) - or at least they used to.
    Godfather, Eibar Mafia

El Jefe Loco

Gun Grips Guy still makes grips specifically for Star pistols. I really like the grips that I have gotten from him. I have them on both Star Supers and Star PDs. The only criticism I can think of regarding his products is that, to the best of my knowledge, he does not produce any checkered/original style grips specifically for Stars. All of his grips have a smooth finish. Besides his web site, he also sells through Ebay. The grips on Ebay are generally less expensive than on his web site.

Just buy un-drilled grips panels, and fit them yourself.

Same issue fitting 1911 grips to my Llama 1911 clone. My measurements say the screw holes are ever so slightly off, so i am about to buy un-drilled grips.

Again, sorry for the necropost, but for anyone considering this, the answer is "Yes, they'll fit"
    However, there is a "but", and it is "If you want a pretty little safe queen of a blaster, don't do it".
    I have a pair of rubber Houge 1911 grips for my Super B and they fit, but I had to drill my own hole and file down some of the top of the grip to allow the slide to move freely.
    Keep in mind that doing this WILL work as far as keeping the grips on the handgun, however..
    1) You'll have exposed holes (you'll need to drill a small hole and insert the screw 1/4" below the standard hole)
    2) It won't have full coverage. You will see more of the grip, and a little bit of the holes in the side (not the screw holes, the 'hollow spots' in the actual steel of the grip. Not a lot is exposed, just a little.)

Personally, if you're going for looks, don't do it.
    However, if you're like me and you like a very thin grip (even thinner than the standard Super B grips (can't even comfortably hold a Glock 17 (damn you, stubby fingers!))) it's a very worthwhile investment.