Default Norinco China Poly U.S.A. Atl. Ga.

I asked this already but never saw the replys before the bottom fell out from under the other threads. What I typed in the subject line is what is spamped into my reciever. What is the "Poly" for? Does it have anything to do with PolyTech? Also where is a good reference to pin down a year of production range for a Norinco [0140]? If anyone had already answered this, thanks for any re-replies!
    Last edited by piroguedog; 09-13-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Poly Technogies, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

http://www.polytechparts.com/

The importer of your Norinco product.

That's what I thought but hadn't heard much about that importer. Thanks.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine..........

OK. let's see what we have here.

Norinco China Poly U.S.A. Atl. Ga.
    this was an importer from back around 1987-1992 or so. they imported sks rifles ans had no connection with polytech. they no longer exist.

polytech was a factory in china (386) they mostly built AK's. polytech only built one sks called the poly tech sks hunter. it has an open front sight, adjustable rear sight, ambidextrous safety, flush 5 round mag. the highest serial number I know of on these is under 700. one other board member "serellen" has one and I have 2, I have only seen one other one. on the side of the receiver it was stamped

POLY TECH
    SKS HUNTER
    7.62x39mm 00123

now here's where it gets interesting. the importer of polytech was KFS keng's firearms specialty Atlanta GA. the owner "Keng" got caught by the ban with many poly tech AK's that did not make it in in time. they had to cut up all those AK's. mr Keng was left with a large pile of parts. to sell them he started

Poly Technogies, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

http://www.polytechparts.com/

the only connection with this company and poly tech china is poly tech china made the guns that mr. keng is now selling parts from.

have I lost everyone?

well done and thank you leadpusher...............
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine..........

Default Poly tech and norinco

this has been covered in depth a few times here but the short version is that poly tech and norinco are the military armament industry controlers. these two differant entities are responsable for manufacturing supply , and off shore sales of military or surplus military equipment.