Default Need help please

I have a Husquvarna rifle I need help with. The only markings on the barrel are Husquvarna Vapenfabrik A.B .270 Winchester. The serial number is 122786. This is the only info I have on the rifle. I think the manufacture date is the early 50's. This was my uncle's rifle. It is a good shooter. I don't know if I'm going to keep it or sell it, but I would like to know what I have either way. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 059.jpg   060.jpg   061.jpg   058.jpg  

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your rifle was made in 1950 and is a Model 640. Husqvarna built the rifle using an FN Mauser 98 commercial action, but the barrel and stock were made by Husqvarna and the rifle was assembled by Husqvarna. It has a beech wood stock and an aftermarket low swing safety.
    kriggevær - skarpskytte, samler, jæger
    "Roland was a warrior from the Land of the Midnight Sun..."

is the rear sight screwed in? or does it have a dove tail slot?
    beech stock- it has been drilled and taped for scope mounts----
    FN actions are the greatest. and if the gun is accurate (what cal?) keep it as family gun good memories.
    if that gun is in great shape its a keeper for hunting.
    before shooting make sure all action screws are tight because of the tight inletting cracks will occurs near the tang in the wood. <><dk
    Last edited by DK PHILLIPS; 04-26-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Kriggevaer,
    Thank you for the info. I had a feeling it was a FN Mauser 98 action from what I could find online, but wasn't sure. I did change the saftey two years ago because the original "paddle saftey" would hit the scope and not fully engage. Obviously not very safe. Any recommendations as far as what I can put on the stock to maintain the wood?
    DKPHILLIPS,
    The rear sight, or whats left of it appears to be a small platform soldered(?) to the barrel. It may have been a buckhorn. It is a .270 Win and it is a good shooter...1.5 in groups at 100 yds with 150 gr Winchester Silver Points. Not match grade, but it kills deer. I probably get better groups with hand loads or premium ammo.
    The gun is not in collector shape, rather the classic "used but not abused." I have debated selling/trading it but I do like old guns. Not much sentimental value though.

soldered? no screw holes? no dove tail cut through the barrel? well you got me on that one.
    some times cleaning/ sanding out barrel channel were rubs / marks are evident will relieve any warp age type pressures this alone can really increase the accuracy.
    then tighten screws together a little at a time Will make a better medal to stock fit.
    in the very end you have an FN action, Swedish low carbon steel barrel thats better than any walmart rem/win slapper.
    this gun needs a little loving care, the accuracy is there, you just need to tweak it in.<><dk