Gunboards Forums banner

accumounts replica PE scope? opinions?

15K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Swagger897 
#1 ·
My exPEM side mount sniper is almost done. I sent the bolt out this morning and I am looking for a scope. Im considering buying Accumounts PE scope as a temporary scope until I can find (read that afford) a legit PEM scope. How are the scopes Accumounts sells? Do they hold zero? Decent quality? I know the FOV moves unlike the originals.

#4 ·
i purchased one of these setups last summer. solid design.........but...make sure you loctite all of the contact points between the optic and the mount. 20 rounds will loosen up the 'stop' in the mount. The optic while nice, lacked any instruction on zeroing it in and no click stops. Honestly, it looked nicer then it functioned. I found it VERY uncomfortable to shoot. the eye relief was not very good......

#5 ·
I have a PU scope from accumount on my sniper, and it is a really nice replica. As far as I can tell, it holds a zero pretty damn well. Since the accumount scopes are nitrogen-filled, they can hold a zero a little better than the original, and they won't fog up on you under rainy or high humidity conditions. They are a little pricey, but really nice optics.

#6 ·
I had an Accumounts PE scope that I got about a year ago. The optics were very bright and clear and it seemed to be very solid. However, the biggest problem with them (and I don't know if they've changed them, since) was that the turrets could not be set to "0", once you sighted it in. For punching paper at 100 yards, it was excellent. However, if you have any plans of shooting at a greater/unknown distance and want any real reference points on the turrets, it would require modification, if it were to work, at all. For the casual collector/shooter, they're fine. For someone more serious about shooting at longer ranges, it could be frustrating. Other than that, it's a high quality scope, in my opinion and Accumounts customer service has always been top notch for me.

John

#12 ·
However, the biggest problem with them (and I don't know if they've changed them, since) was that the turrets could not be set to "0", once you sighted it in.

John
This topic is over three years old, but I have a question with regards to this scope and mount (specifically the Accumounts PE for a hex receiver. My 91/30 is a Tula from 27, meaning its a low wall, so the option for a PU or PEM is gone. I know that at the time scopes were not added to my gun, but I like to be able to see the target around 200yards a bit better.

My question is, what is meant by "non-zeroing" turrets? I have read that the Accumounts use the "modern day" sighting, which is the entire FOV moving, rather than the posts moving. If I'm wrong with that, please let me know as I'd prefer the moving FOV over the fixed.

thanks,
Jacob

#13 ·
My question is, what is meant by "non-zeroing" turrets?
Hi, Jacob.

The way the turrets were constructed, with the top of the knob being glued to the dial, it was not possible to loosen the screws at the turret's top and adjust the dial to zero. It's my understanding that this has since been changed on the Accumounts scopes and that they can now be set to zero like the originals.

John

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies. Like I said, this is going on a reconverted Ex PEM side mount so it wont stay on there for long (hopefully). I figure Ill use the PE scope until I can aquire a PEM and then use the PE scope for my Bro In Laws Ex sniper rebuild when he gets out of school in a year or so.

#9 ·
I zeroed mine and removed the turrets and made them zero. The epoxy/glue is easily removed with nail polish remover. I then re-epoxied the range rings to the turn turrets and it is useable. Took a little time and patience, but worth it in my book.

#14 ·
John,

thanks for the quick reply.. Thought I would wait ages for one. This confirms that the Accumounts pe scope should work just as any bushnell, leaders, or any other "modern day" scope.

thanks,
Jacob.

(PS... Any good places to get a bent bolt body? I have read about a guy called "Boltman" but it seems as if that business was in its prime a decade ago... I feel as if a 100 dollar bent bolt body would be quite the scam for a 100 dollar gun...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.