Thread: PW Arms?

Default PW Arms?

A couple weeks ago I was in the Glendale AZ Cabela's doing some browsing. Surprisingly, they had 12-15 M91/30's on the used gun racks. They were $99 each (on sale from $150), which isn't an outstanding price for an M91/30, but is probably pretty good for Cabela's.

I ended up buying a beautiful 1944-dated model, which was all-stamped matching (to include the bayonet), with an excellent + bore (actually not far from mint).

All the others I would rate as quite outstanding for a refurb. The importer is marked as "PW Arms - Redmond WA". First I've heard of this outfit. Are they relatively new?

They've been around a while.
    I have a PW import Bulgarian Makarov.

видеодон

I have a Swiss K11 from them.

PW Arms imported a new batch of mosins in February. Here is pic from their warehouse:

I have an M57 Tok, a Sig P6, a Cz 82, and I've seen a SiG 228 from them.
    Fine Print:
    The preceeding opinion should be considered only as an opinion and not legal advice. In no event will the poster, Unbekannt, be held liable to any party for any damages arising in any way out of the availability, use, reliance on or inability to use poster's opinion or any information provided by or through the poster, or for any claim attributable to errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in, or destructive properties of any information provided by or through the poster.

Can anyone comment on what the size of the import stamp is? Is it a billboard like some others? or nice and discreet like Century's used to be? There just seems to be a lot of importers bringing in 91/30's. There's lots to choose from and it's keeps the prices down. I can't wait for my next purchase. JAR

frown

PW Arms is the importer that brought in the original M76s that were taken by the ATF; ask me how I know...
    "I must hurry, for there they go, and I am their leader!" Ghandi

My DDR marked M44 was imported by PW Arms and the Bulgarian Makarov I used to own.

PW has been around for a good number of years..they used to have a great supply of ammo..but only sold in "pallet load" lots.
    Their imports have consistently been some of the highest quality...But, stocking dealer only sales...
    Cheapdad

All this time I thought they were in woodinville. Might be because I stopped by a shop there about 10 years ago that was chock full of PW arms imports. Or is Redmond right beside woodinville? That whole area around 405/522 can get a little confusing. y'all have a good day, Keith
    Say you love her 'till she lays down the butcher knife. -Tim Wilson

"Luck" is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by keithreid View Post
    All this time I thought they were in woodinville. Might be because I stopped by a shop there about 10 years ago that was chock full of PW arms imports. Or is Redmond right beside woodinville? That whole area around 405/522 can get a little confusing. y'all have a good day, Keith

Woodinville is a few miles north of Bothell and a few more miles south of Monroe. Redmond is on the east side of Lake Washington, right next to Bellevue.

Woodinville and Redmond are somewhat close to each other. I thought I had heard that PW was also in Woodinville. I wonder if they started out there and ended up moving to a better/bigger location or something.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~
    "Any people whatsoever have the right to abolish the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right." -- Abraham Lincoln, 4 July 1848

Quote Originally Posted by Rifles4me View Post
    Can anyone comment on what the size of the import stamp is? Is it a billboard like some others? or nice and discreet like Century's used to be? There just seems to be a lot of importers bringing in 91/30's. There's lots to choose from and it's keeps the prices down. I can't wait for my next purchase. JAR
    All the PW import stamps I have seen are like my body size...XXL.

I have a 1941 Izhevsk M91/30 with the PW import stamp. It is on the right side of the barrel between the front sight and the nose cap in 1/16" letters "PW REDMD WA". There are no other importer marks that I can see. I haven't taken the rifle apart. It's a typical re-furb in a laminated stock. I got it 5 years ago. I think this is an earlier import as it doesn't have the serial number on the receiver just the original on the barrel shank.
    Charlie