PW Arms?

Thread: PW Arms?

Default PW Arms?

A couple weeks ago I was in the Glendale AZ Cabela's doing some browsing. Surprisingly, they had 12-15 M91/30's on the used gun racks. They were $99 each (on sale from $150), which isn't an outstanding price for an M91/30, but is probably pretty good for Cabela's.

I ended up buying a beautiful 1944-dated model, which was all-stamped matching (to include the bayonet), with an excellent + bore (actually not far from mint).

All the others I would rate as quite outstanding for a refurb. The importer is marked as "PW Arms - Redmond WA". First I've heard of this outfit. Are they relatively new?

They've been around a while.
    I have a PW import Bulgarian Makarov.

видеодон

I have a Swiss K11 from them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

PW Arms imported a new batch of mosins in February. Here is pic from their warehouse:

I have an M57 Tok, a Sig P6, a Cz 82, and I've seen a SiG 228 from them.

Can anyone comment on what the size of the import stamp is? Is it a billboard like some others? or nice and discreet like Century's used to be? There just seems to be a lot of importers bringing in 91/30's. There's lots to choose from and it's keeps the prices down. I can't wait for my next purchase. JAR

frown

PW Arms is the importer that brought in the original M76s that were taken by the ATF; ask me how I know...
    "I must hurry, for there they go, and I am their leader!" Ghandi

My DDR marked M44 was imported by PW Arms and the Bulgarian Makarov I used to own.

PW has been around for a good number of years..they used to have a great supply of ammo..but only sold in "pallet load" lots.
    Their imports have consistently been some of the highest quality...But, stocking dealer only sales...
    Cheapdad

All this time I thought they were in woodinville. Might be because I stopped by a shop there about 10 years ago that was chock full of PW arms imports. Or is Redmond right beside woodinville? That whole area around 405/522 can get a little confusing. y'all have a good day, Keith
    Say you love her 'till she lays down the butcher knife. -Tim Wilson

"Luck" is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by keithreid View Post
    All this time I thought they were in woodinville. Might be because I stopped by a shop there about 10 years ago that was chock full of PW arms imports. Or is Redmond right beside woodinville? That whole area around 405/522 can get a little confusing. y'all have a good day, Keith

Woodinville is a few miles north of Bothell and a few more miles south of Monroe. Redmond is on the east side of Lake Washington, right next to Bellevue.

Woodinville and Redmond are somewhat close to each other. I thought I had heard that PW was also in Woodinville. I wonder if they started out there and ended up moving to a better/bigger location or something.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~
    "Any people whatsoever have the right to abolish the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right." -- Abraham Lincoln, 4 July 1848

Quote Originally Posted by Rifles4me View Post
    Can anyone comment on what the size of the import stamp is? Is it a billboard like some others? or nice and discreet like Century's used to be? There just seems to be a lot of importers bringing in 91/30's. There's lots to choose from and it's keeps the prices down. I can't wait for my next purchase. JAR
    All the PW import stamps I have seen are like my body size...XXL.

I have a 1941 Izhevsk M91/30 with the PW import stamp. It is on the right side of the barrel between the front sight and the nose cap in 1/16" letters "PW REDMD WA". There are no other importer marks that I can see. I haven't taken the rifle apart. It's a typical re-furb in a laminated stock. I got it 5 years ago. I think this is an earlier import as it doesn't have the serial number on the receiver just the original on the barrel shank.
    Charlie