Default enfield grenade cup discharger launcher projector thrower heaver (just to be clear)

I have an LE No1 MkIII grenade discharger cup I'm thinking of selling. I can't remember actually buying it or how much I paid anymore ( a sad thing.) Anyone have an idea of what they are going for? It looks to be a mix of British and Indian parts. I have an Ishapore wire wrapped Grenade launching rifle and was wondering if it would be better to sell them as a set rather than separately.

Does anyone have any history of these things. I believe they were WWI for the Mills bomb but I think they were still issued through the 2nd WW.

sasquatch287#yahoo.com

They even made it to Korea. Price? when they first came on the market, they were $25. Have no idea what they are going for these days. Selling it, if you must would be a good idea to sell the rifle with it.

I bought one set many years ago from S&S firearms just to get the grenade launching sight with it. If you noticed those two little holes halfway up each side of the mid barrel band, thats what the grenade sight pivots on.

The WW1 grenades usually had a rod attached, that fitted down the barrel. This caused high pressures in the forward part of the barrel, which occasionally burst, and which led to them being wire or cord wrapped to reduce flying splinters.

The No.36 grenades in WW2 had a base plate screwed on and fitted into a launcher cup. These weren't as hard on the barrel as the old rodded type, but the rifle forends were still wrapped for safety.

Current price listed at Springfield Sporters is $100.00 plus S & H(about $10.00). Currently go on e-pay for an average of $150.00.

actualy the cup discharger came in later in WW1 and the grenade had a plate that was screwed on to the base to form a gas seal.

Oh by the way, with the rod grenade, different length rods were used to adjust the range.