Thread: mauser CE 42

Default mauser CE 42

Please your opinions on this CE 42. Can someone explain the marking(number) on the barrel?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.jpg   7.jpg   3.jpg   5.jpg   2.jpg   1.jpg  

4.jpg  

I'm not sure about the markings but where did you get those gun holders? I like them

My server is soooo slow today.. I can't open half of the photos. It looks like a very nice rifle to me. It has the "slanted" version markings on it as opposed to the standard straight block looking numbers. Nice original finish and wood. Can only see the thumbnail photos so I cannot comment on the barrel markings.

mow.
    Talk is cheap because supply always exceeds demand.

I can't tell much from you're photo's but, It looks all correct...The numberes on the barrell I guess you are refering to is the barrell code..The numbers will tell you by who, and when the barrell was made..Other than that I can;t help anymore without better photos.. The stock marking is correct for a 42 dated saure..
    Last edited by mauser99; 06-13-2010 at 09:35 AM.

Good looking rifle!

Very nice looking rifle and a good code/year to get.
    Thanks for posting.
    Bob

it looks fake... i'll buy it for $50 just to get it off your hands. you know, help you out.

looks like a beauty to me.
    1945 dou.45 k98 German Mauser (Russian Capture)
    1940 K.Kale Turkish Mauser model 1938
    1917 Lee Enfield No1 MkIII*
    1944 Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine
    1915 Carl Gustafs m96 Swedish Mauser

very nice. i like the 42's, dont see to many. only thing i dont like a bout the jp's are the really small delicate markings. same as my ce 43, very small delicate eagles and swazies.

My only k98 is a ce42 much like this one.

It seems like the blueing on the ce coded JP Sauers receivers is kind of " thin".

Is that due to speeding up production during wartime ?

Hello Gelotti. From the pics it looks like an original rifle, stock cleaned a little. That happened when these rifles passed through successive hands and the postwar owners tried to make them prettier. The "barrel band" markings are steel lot, blank maker, lot, and it will have a date on there. This is to identify the barrel to a lot and maker in the event of problems.

JPS receivers had a final polish on them before assembly which lightened the markings. JPS blue was quality, but wore quickly, apparently. Nice rifle.
    http://k98kforum.com/
    K98k Research and Reference Forum
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. " -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Deleted

My CE 42 is very much like yours with the sn in the "b" block, it looks like yours is in the "f" block? The one thing that differs with mine and yours are the numbers you mention, on the barrel. Where yours has the manufacture codes on the upper surface I have the sn over b horizontally and 3 WaA37 in the direction that yours has the numbers. The manufacture code or barrel code on mine is underneath and not visible when the action is in the stock.

Otherwise the 2 are so close that we'd have to check the sn's to make sure we got the right one.

Nice.
    Last edited by bearbaregun; 06-13-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    JPS receivers had a final polish on them before assembly which lightened the markings.
    Fascinating. I always wondered why JPS receiver codes seemed to be so faint.

Nice, I have one just like it N block. The CE rifles are one of my favorite codes.