Default USA Magazines, Inc.

What ever happened to these folks? I just picked up a 15 rounder for my Ruger P85 that is stainless steel. Haven't tested it, but my shop said it had a lifetime warranty. Stripping some rounds off manually they tended to nosedive the next consecutive round. (sigh)

I hope it works better for you in actual use than it did just stripping off the rounds. USA Magazines don't have the best reputation for quality. I'm not sure if they are still around or not.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

I will never buy another USA mag. the last time I did USA I bought 3 20 round mags for my Mini-30 and all three didn't work and even my magazine guru could only fix one of them. Meg gar is my magazine go to brand. Never had a bad one and they build a lot of the OEM mags.
    Bear 45/70
    Gimp racing Team

"God must love stupid people. He made SO many."

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/Bear-45-70/P4130002a.jpg

Thumbs up meg gar

meg gar very good results-- usa very bad results from many i know.
    clean lube and just maybe it will work when needed?<><dk

I took it apart, and it is loaded with cosmoline or grease. For my 1911 magazines, any grease inside them messes them up. So I will clean the crap out of it and test it. The outer body of the stainless magazine seems good. Why would anyone put grease inside a magazine?

I have some USA magazines that work well in a Taurus PT92 pistol. Have had no complaints with those mags in that gun at all.

never had anything but trouble

from U S A magazines.

FIVESHOT

Default +1

Quote Originally Posted by FIVESHOT View Post
    never had anything but trouble

from U S A magazines.

FIVESHOT
    I agree. Tried some AK mags I got in a S.G. back-order ''switcharoo". Sent them right back!

I had a couple of USA magazines for my Beretta 92, pure junk. I stepped on them and threw them in the trash.

I hand cycled the rounds thru and it jammed and failed to chamber rounds # 7-12. I took the spring out and stretched it. Worked like a champ. Then I kept it loaded and cycled it again 2 days later, same problem. So I'm looking to order a $4 spring from Brownells later on. For now, I will not trust it, nor use it.

This P85 is one of those flawless type of designs that swallows anything you feed it. However the Ruger 10 and 15 round mags DO NOT exhibit this behavior and every round stripped/cycled or shot is flawless in operation. In the end it appears that the spring is the culprit. I just hope the brownell spring fixes it.

Thanks for all your input! Needed to hear the word "junk".