Default Recollections of a Veteran of WWII

http://www.gallagher.com/ww2

This site is a book - 30 chapters - about Bob Gallagher's recollections of his service in the Second World War. He didn't storm any bunkers or capture a battalion of infantry. He was an anti-aircraft gunner, and his enlistment came up in 1944 - after a lot of the hardships of the war. On the other hand his recollections are remarkably clear (I think) and not self-promoting. He wrote like what he is - an engineer - but the book is entertaining and fascinating in its recollection of minutiae.
    This is *My Rifle*

Thanks for the link.

I just got finished reading it. I liked that he gave an insight as to what life for him was like just before and after the war. Lots of detail.
    Fine Print:
    The preceeding opinion should be considered only as an opinion and not legal advice. In no event will the poster, Unbekannt, be held liable to any party for any damages arising in any way out of the availability, use, reliance on or inability to use poster's opinion or any information provided by or through the poster, or for any claim attributable to errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in, or destructive properties of any information provided by or through the poster.