formerly from the Land of the free-range Amish

Default Price check on Webley Enfield Mk VI

I stumbled across a Webley Mk VI built by Enfield in 1923. All serial numbers seem to match. The SN is 4 digits. The bore was dirty but I could see shine and good rifling. The finish is good and even. It was marked as .455 but after further inspection the cylinder is cut. What's the going rate for a cut Webley? I've been trying to resarch with not much luck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

As the Enfield manufactured variant of the Webley Mark VI is somewhat scarcer and a bit more difficult to find in decent condition, I'd tell you a good price in the condition you describe is somewhere in the neighborhood of 400-500 dollars-- double that figure if the gun is still in original .455 chambering and uncut. Of course start knocking off big bucks if the serial numbers don't match, say, 40 percent of thereabouts..

Leastwise, that's how prices appear to be down here on the Texas Gulf Coast.

formerly from the Land of the free-range Amish

Thanks for the response. I've always liked the Webley and you generally don't see them. They want $500 and they don't budge on prices. If was .455 then I would have snatched it right away. But .45 will make me think.

I happily paid just under $600 for one in Ga a few weeks ago. Rare variant of the Mk VI even though milled for 0.45 ACP. I simply put a 255 grain flat point lead head into a 0.45 AR case that has been sized through the Lee 0.455 die and since I have a local bullet caster, he makes me up 0.454 sized heads rather than the now conventional 0.452 for the 45 Colt. The Webleys and Enfield/Webleys were 0.454 sized. Dave_n

strictly speaking it is not a Webley Enfield but rather an Enfield copy of a Webley. Not all that many made befoere they went to the .380 revolver. I also have one that has been cut. And also use .45 AR brass with a RCBS Webley hollowbase bullet mould.

One of these shaved Enfield-made .455 revolvers just sold on Gunbroker for $615. It was unit-marked, though, which may have increased its value to some.

That seems high to me. Other shaved examples have gone for as little as $400 within the last few months. In general, these post-WWI .455 Enfields seem less attractive to collectors than WWI vintage Webley Mark VIs. Personally, I prefer older Webleys (WGs, RICs, Mark Is, etc.)

Default help have a .455 enfield 1923

Yes I have a .455 enfield 1923 . All numbers match. Came with holster with wood block
    Some markings I don't no of like an arrow pointing down the barrel. Small crowns with numbers on cylinder and a D with an arrow pointing up also has a m on pistol grip any info would be nice especially the value and how do u no if it has been cut

The M is a size marking, they came in S (small), M (medium), and L(large), grip sizes

Default thanks jhon

Thanks for the info it really helps. Don't no a lot about this pistol