Thread: VZ58 receivers?

Default VZ58 receivers?

Does anyone know if any sponsors are currently selling VZ58 receivers? Can anyone comment on the quality of different receiver options?

Not even a comment on the different qualities? Perhaps this is the wrong place to post?

Since Todd , the owner of Ohio Rapid Fire passed away, and this family closed the business, I don't know if anyone is selling recievers commercially. Somebody is making them for Century, and Czechpoint had D-Technik made ones awhile back, but they don't have them listed on their website. I'd contact Dan at Czechpoint USA
    I Swear On My Life, And My Love Of It, That I Will Never Live For The Sake Of Another Man, Nor Ask Another Man To Live For Mine. - John Galt

Thanks.

I assembled two of the 58s on ORF receivers. Nice stuff. But compared to an AK or an AR, the FCG of a 58 is really challenging...at least for me. I still have one parts kit, but given the low price of assembled rifles, I'd be very hesitant to "build" another one.
    כד יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה, וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ. The LORD bless thee, and keep thee;
    כה יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ, וִיחֻנֶּךָּ. The LORD make His face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee;
    כו יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ, וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם. The LORD lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

I just bought a VZ-58 on the WTS forum... the package came with a basically new rifle with a D'Technik receiver (Czechpoint) and a parts kit among other things.. since I have the parts kit I thought I'd see what was around, but have read in several places now that it is a challenging build... since I have little exerience in that area I will be postponing any attempt, but stilll thought I might try to get suggestions and maybe the components while they are available.
    Last edited by Xygorak; 07-25-2010 at 11:55 PM.

I am in the same boat as you! Bought a D-Tech Rifle and also have a whole kit, but i would not want a ORF rec. however even with it, it would run more than a another complete rifle and am not talking about the Century Junk!

After building about 25 AK's, I turned my attention to VZ58's. I built two with fixed stocks and two folders. These were all on ORF receivers that I bought through the Board's group buy. I bought the gas pistons and trigger groups from ORF. I was also fortunate to locate four mint, unissued kits for my builds. After completing the rifles, I custom blended a shade of Duracoat, for the receiver and trigger guard, that very closely matches the paint on other unissued components. I am very pleased with my workmanship and the authentic look of the rifles and they are reliable shooters. HOWEVER..... each of these ORF receivers required a significant amount labor, for metal removal, hand fitting, hole resizing etc. Each receiver was different in what needed corrected. They were all out of spec. in some unique way. ORF as a manufacturer is gone now, but ORF receivers still pop up once in a while on auction sites and trader boards. Unless you are an experienced builder and like problem solving, I would go with a manufactured rifle, especially since the prices have dropped.

There was a guy on this or another site that was selling vz-58 build kits with ORF receivers for 400; he said that the barrels were the chrome-lined military barrels (15.5). As of last week he still had a few left. Sorry, I wander around too many sites to remember which one.
    Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by biff47 View Post
    There was a guy on this or another site that was selling vz-58 build kits with ORF receivers for 400; he said that the barrels were the chrome-lined military barrels (15.5). As of last week he still had a few left. Sorry, I wander around too many sites to remember which one.
    Good luck with that.
    harmoniums- great guy to deal with.

The other site is SurplusRifleForum, but you have to have 10 posts and be a member to view the For Sale section. He's stumbled on a bunch of kits and "some ORF" receivers, how many I don't know. I don't know if he posted in this forums trader section, but he's got a lot of parts.
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=10414

Please support our Wounded Warriors!