Thread: WTT/WTS 3 guns: P-14 rifle, Martini-Henry MKII Smoothbore, & Soviet M1895 Nagant

Default WTT/WTS 3 guns: P-14 rifle, Martini-Henry MKII Smoothbore, & Soviet M1895 Nagant

Hi guys,

Im looking to expand my admittedly small milsurp firearms collection, and so would like to see if anyone is interested in these two pieces. Although I would be happy to sell either one, I would really prefer to do a straight-up trade for either or both. My FFL transfer dealer has no trouble with receiving firearms directly from individuals.

Although I list some specific rifles here, feel free to make trade offers on other milsurp weapons. Bore & mechanical action are important for me, as I shoot my collection.

The first rifle is a MK1 P14 in .303 caliber, made at Eddystone. This is a very early production rifle, serial #1031, made in January 1916. It was never converted to MK1* configuration. The serial number matches on the bolt, receiver, and barrel. All parts that are marked are stamped with an E, except for the front sight blade (a Winchester), and the stock, which is a WW1-Remington M-1917 black walnut stock.

No import marks.

It appears this rifle was either Weedon repaired or arsenal reconditioned around the time of WW2. It was placed into a M17 stock, and the finish was parkerized. Still, a very nice rifle. The bore is very clean, bright, and strong, with no pitting. The mechanical action is excellent. There is also a Canadian Military Ownership mark stamped into the butt. The stock is clean & solid, with a few of the usual handling dings.

I would ask $500 for this one, with $35.00 for shipping & insurance to your FFL or C&R license.

Trade interests (please note, bore condition/mechanical action is important for me) An FN-49 (in any caliber), Egyptian Hakim, Swedish AG42B, MAS 49, (but not a 49/56), Persian 98/29 Mauser, Peruvian Pre-war 1909 long rifle, or other milsurp?

The second gun is a Martini-Henry MKII rifle, made at BSA in 1887, and later converted into a Smoothbore at the Bombay Arsenal in India. It has the usual plethora of proofs and arsenal markings, plus two later dates stamped into the butt near the BA roundel, 1898 & 1915. There is very little finish left. The wood in nice, on the dark side with some oil, but its not filthy/dirty by any means. It shows a few old stock repairs, but is very solid. The bore is bright and shiny. The mechanical action is excellent, and the trigger pull is pretty smooth for a Martini. The internals are in great shape. As with a lot of the Nepal cache guns, there is some slight pitting on the woodline, and a couple rough spots on the underside of the barrel, beneath the wood. You cant see it unless you take off the forestock, but it is there. All British-made parts. This is not an Afghan bring back. It is not import marked.

I also have some nice brass shotgun shell inserts to go with it, that can be used to fire .410 shotgun cartridges.

I would like $350, plus $40.00 for shipping & insurance. This one is an antique, and only requires a copy of your photo ID and an signed age & eligibility statement.

Trade Interests (please note, bore condition/mechanical action is important for me) Russian-built SKS, British SMLE No1 MKIII, British Post-War No4. MKII Enfield, a nice RC k98 (other than a 42/1938 code) or other milsurp?

The Third is a Soviet M1895 Nagant Revolver in original 7.62 Nagant. This was made in 1945 at (I believe Izzy)- Arrow in a Triangle, inside a Circle? (is that right?) It is in excellent overall condition, with matching, unlined numbers, and really nice, clean bright bore & cylinder chambers. I do not know much about these, but I suspect it has been Soviet arsenal reconditioned, with the bore relined. The wood grips are in great shape, and the mechanical action is perfect. I have not fired this pistol. It is import marked by Century Arms.

The light does make the finish look a little paler in some areas, it looks much better in the hand.

I have a holster and cleaning rod to go with it. I also have two full boxes of non-corrosive Nagant ammo made by Fiocchi (100 rounds total).

I would like $200 for everything, plus $25 shipping (ammo will have to be shipped separately). It does need to go to a C&R or an FFL.

Trade interests (bore & action condition are important ) Polish Tokarev TT-33 pistol from Century arms, Turkish GEW 88/38 conversion (one of those re-barelled GEW 88s), a Yugoslav refinished German K98, a nice 98/22

Please email me at [email protected] with all questions or offers.

If you are in the Sacrmaento/SF-Bay/NorCal area, we may be able to arrange a FTF transfer as well.

Please don't be put off my my low post count here. I also post on the British Militaria Forum as Anubis, and on gunbroker as kaslaka.

Thanks for looking!

Attachment 337032Attachment 337030
    Attachment 337024Attachment 337023Attachment 337021Attachment 337022
    Attachment 337028Attachment 337027Attachment 337026Attachment 337025

Attachment 337029Attachment 337031

Forgot to add, if we are trading, disregard the shipping costs. I would prefer that we just each pay to ship our guns to each other. Thanks.

3 Aug. 2010
    8:15pm

Anubis,

I'm interested in the Martini smoothie, either as a purchase or a straight swap for a nice SMLE mk. III (no star), all matching numbers except for the backsight. I'll send you a PM.

Coggansfield

The P-14 Rifle is now Trade- Pending, thank you to everyone who looked.

Coggansfield, I received your PM, and replied to you from my gmail address tonight. Please let me know if you do not receive it.

is the martini taken?

The Martini-Henry is now Trade - Pending as well, thank you.

Is the revolver still available for trade?

FYI, both the Eddystone P-14 rifle & the smoothbored Martini-Henry are now traded. Special thanks to Coggansfield & John Wheeler for being perfect gentleman and making excellent, professional trades.

I think I am going to keep the M1895 revolver, at least for now. Its a fun litle pistol.

Thanks also to the mods, and you can now please delete this ad.