Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket TT-33 Tokarev grips??

Default Aftermarket TT-33 Tokarev grips??

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there's an source for an after-market grips for TT-33 Tokarev pistols?

I know I can get the original military grips from ebay or gunbroker.com.
    But I haven't seen any aftermarket grips that are wood or rubber or plastic---.

Search the web, and you can find many sources for the aftermarket wood grips for CZ-52, Makarov, P-64, PA-63---. I even saw one that makes a great looking set of wood grips for M1895 Nagant!!!

But no one makes grips for Tokarev???

Does anyone know?

Thanks guys!!!

PS: I think this is my first posting here, after lurking around and getting good,valuable info for a loooong time... :-)
    Last edited by Audix99; 12-18-2007 at 06:25 PM.

I have never seen any but with the number of TT33's on the market it's just a matter of time.
    What has our country become? More takers than givers.

I hope it won't be too long before someone realizes there's a market. I've also seen the originals for sale and reproductions.

I'd love to get a nice set of wood grips some time without paying collector prices for the original WW2 ones. They look easy enuff to make your own if it wasn't for the latching mechanism.

Exactly!!!
    I'd love to get a set of wood grips to dress up my Romanian Tokarev and preserve the original (and somewhat brittle) grips.

But that metal latching mechanism might be what's stopping people from making those grips.

I've been thinking of getting a Chinese wrap-around Tokarev grips for my Romanian.
    But $40 for a set of old Chinese plastic grip seems little too much. So I haven't decided whether to get it or not. But that wrap-around grip sure does look comfortable to hold...

There is a guy in Hungary that makes wood grips for a bunch of different guns. he has made a set for my Polish P64 and several Makarovs. He is really good. I bet that if you were to contact him, send him a set of TT grips to use as a "mold" he could start to produce them. Mine cost $35 plus $5 shipping from Budapest to AZ. Here is his site, his name is Dennis Marschal.

http://www.marschalgrips.com/
    "History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

wow, those are nice grips. Worth the price. Only trouble is with our Tok's is that spring latch thing in the center.

Wow those are nice thanks for the link!
    What has our country become? More takers than givers.

For me those Chinese wrap-around grips felt horrible. Recently replaced them with the slab style. I like the feel much better.

Last time I looked MARSTAR, CANADA, had them listed. Check them out. LOL

Talking tokarev tt-33

Hello there are no aftermarket grips outhere but the guy from hungary who makes different style grips is willing to make them for the tokarev tt-33. I just mailed him a set of grips. He will used them to make aftermarket grips for the Tokarev. Hopefully in 2 to 3 month

Quote Originally Posted by adan70 View Post
    Hello there are no aftermarket grips outhere but the guy from hungary who makes different style grips is willing to make them for the tokarev tt-33. I just mailed him a set of grips. He will used them to make aftermarket grips for the Tokarev. Hopefully in 2 to 3 month
    Awesome! Let me be the first to Thank You!

[quote=bartsitarski;138232]There is a guy in Hungary that makes wood grips for a bunch of different guns. he has made a set for my Polish P64 and several Makarovs."

Hey bart I thought you had moved to Chicago or some other awful place:D
    Instigator/Conservative Underground

i had a friend of mine who makes 1911 grips make me this set for my Tokarev.

the latch on the back was going to be a PITA and would have required drilling a hole and putting in a rivet - so he just made them press into the frame tightly - i will put a couple drops of 3M super weatherstrip adhesive just to make sure they stay put.

i don't really like the Jacaranda wood he used so i ordered a piece of black and gray laminated birch and im going to have him make me a set from that
    Last edited by volksjager; 02-23-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Volksj├Ąger; very nice looking grips!

Do they have the necessary "shelf" on the back to hold the trigger stirrup? If not, you may suffer a sear/trigger malfunction if the stirrup drops out of alignment with the sear.
    Last edited by 9.3x57; 02-25-2009 at 04:42 PM.
    Formerly LeeSpeed; I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth...and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary...I believe in the Holy Spirit...the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.

When I carry a Tokarev, I carry with grips removed.

yes they have the shelf
    he acually had to file it down some - on the first trail fit it was to tight and the slide would not move

http://www.sksman.com/acces/tokarev.php
    these have the levers install.they do needed a little fileing on the sides for fit.the only draw back is the cost.
    "We hang the petty theives and appoint the great ones to public office."- Aesop

Talking tokarev aftermarket grips coming soon

Hello I just got some pictures from a friend who is working on aftermarket grips here are some pictures of what is on the works. the only thing is you are going to have to be able to hold with finger one side of grip to get the screw in the clip other than that there going to look nice.

grips are being made by dennis marschal

adan70, Thanks for the update and pictures. Interesting way to install the grips I'm sure I'll be in for at least one set made from some exotic wood with lots of character.

Hello I just got some pictures from a friend who is working on aftermarket grips here are some pictures of what is on the works. the only thing is you are going to have to be able to hold with finger one side of grip to get the screw in the clip other than that there going to look nice.

grips are being made by dennis marschal

Clever way to get around the riveted latch.

Nice work Adan !

:D

Is this just a teaser??? Someone has to have this mold! Where ARE YOU! lol Makes the gun look Modern.

XJ, that does look like a nice setup, I'd like a set of those.

Here is a pic of some wood grips I just made, to copy the ww2 wood grips I've seen pictures of. I threaded the cross bars and used a screw in place of the rivet. I peened the threads, so they stay snug and still operate in the normal way. (I've kept the originals, of course.)

ht tp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&i tem=300323124645

ht tp://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=131609123

Looks exactly like this!

Quote Originally Posted by XJkentucky85 View Post

Is this just a teaser??? Someone has to have this mold! Where ARE YOU! lol Makes the gun look Modern.

Thanks for the heads up.

I forget which thread it was in, but there's a guy on here who put grips, a muzzlebreak, modern trigger, and mag extender on his. Might be able to contact him if other things don't fit your liking. I don't have a clue if he bought them or made them. I'll try to find the thread.

Found it. It belongs to Kbolt, and this is the thread I took his pictures from: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=116400

I just finished a new set today, I'm also working on a set of 3/4 wrap-around grips.

Default Tokarev tt-33 wood grips finaly are here!

Here are the tokarev tt-33 wood grips for sale I have a pair they are excellent quality very professional work.
    http://www.marschalgrips.com/tt33wr/tt33wr.htm:D
    Last edited by adan70; 07-02-2009 at 09:51 PM.

kbolt,

Do you have a source for the magazine extension?

http://www.buymilsurp.com/magazine-b...ol-p-3350.html they are $10.00 with free shipping

Here are the tokarev tt-33 wood grips for sale I have a pair they are excellent quality very professional work.
    http://www.marschalgrips.com/tt33wr/tt33wr.htm:D
    look great. i'd like to see a picture of the wraparounds installed on a tok though. anyone already order a set and can post a pic??

Yes I would like to see the rap a rounds myself. I would love to have a good set. Do the ones made for the TT33 work with the TTC or Romanian version?. John

Bump.

Mine arrived from Budapest Hungary yesterday. I'm very pleased with the quality. I ordered the zebra wood with oil finish. They fit like a glove and were easy to install. However, they would NOT clear the safety on my Romanian Tok. So I installed them on my Chinese that has no safety for now.

Sorry the picture of the other grip panel didn't turn out so well. I'd like to add the picture quality doesn't do them any justice, much nicer in person.

Can someone list where they are selling them? Just the wood grips although the black rubber one looks nice. Who has the black rubber one? John

Are the rubber grips being sold online? I like the looks of it. John

I have looked for these rubber grips no luck. Anyone know the source? John
    Last edited by johnggrg; 08-01-2009 at 10:40 PM.

Anyone? John

If you look around on EBay there was a guy selling aftermarket plastic grips with the thumb rest on the left grip, and they are thicker. Came with the latches. I plan to put them on my Norinco that I use purely as a shooter.

(I've taken a grip off and am looking at it now)
    I've thought of trying this. I've done a lot of molding of small model parts and these grip panels wouldn't be too hard to reproduce. However you'd have to have the steel parts made. Probably laser cut by a machine shop and in big lots to bring price down. Even then it wouldn't be cheap to start a supply of them.
    Also the resin that I'm used to molding with is pretty soft and I'd have to find a harder material to keep detail from quickly wearing off.
    If you got it worked out though you could make grips in as many styles as you could find to make molds from. Soviet, plain, FB, Romanian etc

I want one of the rubber grips like in the above picture. Anyone know where to buy them? John

Quote Originally Posted by crzbiker View Post
    There is a guy in Hungary that makes wood grips for a bunch of different guns. he has made a set for my Polish P64 and several Makarovs."
    Quote Originally Posted by bartsitarski View Post
    Hey bart I thought you had moved to Chicago or some other awful place:D
    WOW!!! I just read this post. I have moved to the People's Republic of Illinois and Comrade Daly is telling me how to live. I actually live outside of Chicago, so, the laws are not as strict. Still no carry though.
    "History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast