Gunboards Forums banner

Aftermarket TT-33 Tokarev grips??

84K views 90 replies 45 participants last post by  DrDKW 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there's an source for an after-market grips for TT-33 Tokarev pistols?

I know I can get the original military grips from ebay or gunbroker.com.
But I haven't seen any aftermarket grips that are wood or rubber or plastic---.

Search the web, and you can find many sources for the aftermarket wood grips for CZ-52, Makarov, P-64, PA-63---. I even saw one that makes a great looking set of wood grips for M1895 Nagant!!!

But no one makes grips for Tokarev???

Does anyone know?

Thanks guys!!!

PS: I think this is my first posting here, after lurking around and getting good,valuable info for a loooong time... :)

#37 ·
Mine arrived from Budapest Hungary yesterday. I'm very pleased with the quality. I ordered the zebra wood with oil finish. They fit like a glove and were easy to install. However, they would NOT clear the safety on my Romanian Tok. So I installed them on my Chinese that has no safety for now.

Sorry the picture of the other grip panel didn't turn out so well. I'd like to add the picture quality doesn't do them any justice, much nicer in person.

#55 · (Edited)
Masterblaster62,
thank you for your post and the picture as well! I will include the safety cutout to the TT-33 grips in the future. Any other suggestion, please?
Again, thank you so much.
Dennis

Edit.
http://www.jgsales.com/images/2 Romanian Tokarev 7.62x25 2501986.jpg
Do you mean this safety lever or the original that's on your Chinese TT33. Could you post or send a picture directly to dmarschal@yahoo.co.uk of the safety arm? A good side view picture would help a lot. Thank you in advance!

#43 ·
(I've taken a grip off and am looking at it now)
I've thought of trying this. I've done a lot of molding of small model parts and these grip panels wouldn't be too hard to reproduce. However you'd have to have the steel parts made. Probably laser cut by a machine shop and in big lots to bring price down. Even then it wouldn't be cheap to start a supply of them.
Also the resin that I'm used to molding with is pretty soft and I'd have to find a harder material to keep detail from quickly wearing off.
If you got it worked out though you could make grips in as many styles as you could find to make molds from. Soviet, plain, FB, Romanian etc

#50 · (Edited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adan70
Here are the tokarev tt-33 wood grips for sale I have a pair they are excellent quality very professional work.
http://www.marschalgrips.com/tt33wr/tt33wr.htm

These are really nice grips. I wonder how they look on the pistol. John

I tried contacting him about a pair and have heard nothing so far. Hope to hear from him soon. I really want a pair of the flat grips he has. John

#56 ·
Dennis, here is a picture of the current Romanian style safety. This style is also found on some Polish imports as well, but is not the only type out there. The factory grip panels do clear the safety without modification.

As to any other suggestions: I'd prefer a black fastener with a hex head :)

#59 ·
I'm back with two photos of the latest TT33 grips. I "mounted" them on my poor man's gun. It's a Norinco TT-33 gun without the safety lever. That model was my reference for making the grips.

I hope the cutout will let the safety move free. All grips ordered after the 13th July will include this cutout and I'm ready to send replacement grips if they don't let the gun work as it should.

Now the pictures.

Thank you,
Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.