Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftermarket TT-33 Tokarev grips??

Quote Originally Posted by johnggrg View Post
    I want one of the rubber grips like in the above picture. Anyone know where to buy them? John
    Anyone? John

i've seen them on ebay, have to grind off the lanyard loop kept me away.

Maybe you could get it on with out filling down the lanyard ring. John

Quote Originally Posted by adan70 View Post
    Here are the tokarev tt-33 wood grips for sale I have a pair they are excellent quality very professional work.
    http://www.marschalgrips.com/tt33wr/tt33wr.htm:D
    These are really nice grips. I wonder how they look on the pistol. John

Quote:
    Originally Posted by adan70
    Here are the tokarev tt-33 wood grips for sale I have a pair they are excellent quality very professional work.
    http://www.marschalgrips.com/tt33wr/tt33wr.htm

These are really nice grips. I wonder how they look on the pistol. John

I tried contacting him about a pair and have heard nothing so far. Hope to hear from him soon. I really want a pair of the flat grips he has. John
    Last edited by johnggrg; 08-08-2009 at 08:41 AM.

Does some one know the person selling the grip sets? I have emailed several times and got no response from him. I really want a new grip set. Thank you. John

I just put a set of 1911 grips on my tok with just minor modifications to the grip. cost me $24.00

What kind of mods did you have to do? That looks nice. I want to get a set from where I don't know. Thanks for sharing. John

Quote Originally Posted by kbolt View Post
    I just put a set of 1911 grips on my tok with just minor modifications to the grip. cost me $24.00
    That looks fantastic! Pachmayers, correct? Can you please share the procedure you went through to get those to work on the Tok?

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster62 View Post
    Mine arrived from Budapest Hungary yesterday. I'm very pleased with the quality. I ordered the zebra wood with oil finish. They fit like a glove and were easy to install. However, they would NOT clear the safety on my Romanian Tok. So I installed them on my Chinese that has no safety for now.

Sorry the picture of the other grip panel didn't turn out so well. I'd like to add the picture quality doesn't do them any justice, much nicer in person.

Masterblaster62,
    thank you for your post and the picture as well! I will include the safety cutout to the TT-33 grips in the future. Any other suggestion, please?
    Again, thank you so much.
    Dennis

Edit.
    http://www.jgsales.com/images/2%20Ro...%202501986.jpg
    Do you mean this safety lever or the original that's on your Chinese TT33. Could you post or send a picture directly to [email protected] of the safety arm? A good side view picture would help a lot. Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by dennis marschalko; 08-10-2009 at 04:51 AM.

Dennis, here is a picture of the current Romanian style safety. This style is also found on some Polish imports as well, but is not the only type out there. The factory grip panels do clear the safety without modification.

As to any other suggestions: I'd prefer a black fastener with a hex head

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster62 View Post
    Dennis, here is a picture of the current Romanian style safety. This style is also found on some Polish imports as well, but is not the only type out there. The factory grip panels do clear the safety without modification.

As to any other suggestions: I'd prefer a black fastener with a hex head

Thank you!
    The modified version will be ready in two hours. Our machines are already working on them (-:
    I will post some pictures soon.

Just ordered a pair. Hope I get the updated version he is making. John

I'm back with two photos of the latest TT33 grips. I "mounted" them on my poor man's gun. It's a Norinco TT-33 gun without the safety lever. That model was my reference for making the grips.

I hope the cutout will let the safety move free. All grips ordered after the 13th July will include this cutout and I'm ready to send replacement grips if they don't let the gun work as it should.

Now the pictures.

Thank you,
    Dennis

Looks great! Are those mine? That is the style I requested. John

They are mine. I seen the pictures then got your email Dennis. They look great. Can't wait to see them. John

Quote Originally Posted by JonF View Post
    That looks fantastic! Pachmayers, correct? Can you please share the procedure you went through to get those to work on the Tok?
    What kind of mods did you have to do? That looks nice. I want to get a set from where I don't know. Thanks for sharing. John
    The 1911 grips fit well except they are about a 1/4" to long. All I had to do to them is sand off some length from the top off each grip, I also rounded off the lower rear corner off each grip to fit the contour better and drilled and tapped mounting holes in the frame. They are Pachmayers from www.sportsmansguide.com , they have a number of other styles also.

They look nice. Thanks for sharring the information. John

Very nice Grips! 15 years ago i ordere some fancy ones for my CZ-52 cost me about $50. and they fit and look great, fancy smancy wood, but the i realized it just did not seem original!

Well I just got mine in walnut nothing fancy. But the ones I got are the ones you see above with the stars on them. They look "like" the originals. But I don't care about the originals. I will keep them. But don't like them at all. I like wood grips better. I also have a pair for my CZ52. John

Default Hey Bart

Tried out a new (to me) Yugo SKS out a Reddington. No one there but me. Road is kind of wrecked by the monsoon but, that keeps the BMW's from being annoying
    Instigator/Conservative Underground

How long does it take for the grips to get here to the U.S? Mine were mailed on the 13th. Any idea? John

Got my grips today. They are the ones showed obove with the star on the handle. The wood ones. They are sweet!!!! Make the gun look 100% better. Very happy. John

I am really interested in buying the wrap around grips from Marschalko, but i couldn't seem to find them on the order form.

Has anybody ordered them? From where and how are they?

Default Muzzle brakes are in if anyone's interested

Quote Originally Posted by asimons View Post

itbeganinafrika email him and he will send you all the information you need. Asimons where did you get the rubber grips? John

Got them from Zastava. I will be ordering more in the future. Busy selling comps and mueller scopes right now.

hxxp://grips.shawwebspace.ca/

Cheers

itbeganinafrika email him and he will send you all the information you need. Asimons where did you get the rubber grips? John

Some TT30 grips here, repros, no metal or studs

http://www.gungrip.com/detail_G111__...30,%209MM.html
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Default chineses tokarev (Norinco 213B)

In my country this Model not favorite and no accessory can i use 1911 accessory for my chinese tokarev model 54 213B Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kbolt View Post
    The 1911 grips fit well except they are about a 1/4" to long. All I had to do to them is sand off some length from the top off each grip, I also rounded off the lower rear corner off each grip to fit the contour better and drilled and tapped mounting holes in the frame. They are Pachmayers from www.sportsmansguide.com , they have a number of other styles also.
    How did you mount them?

This was my fix. PC7 epoxy. Bobbed the hammer, too. Works like a Colt Pocket pistol on steroids. Would like to redo with silver soldered piece of steel, but probably won't take the trouble. Points spot on, now. Ciao. Attachment 267820

Wraparound grips - walnut w/black stain (D. Marschal), and muzzle break

sorry to bring up such an old thread but im just trying to confirm that the grips will now clear romanian safeties. I would love to have one of his sets on my pistol.
    1939 Izhevsk Mosin Nagant 91/30
    1953 Romanian TT-33 Tokarev

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    When I carry a Tokarev, I carry with grips removed.
    When I carry a Tokarev, I carry without my socks or underwear.
    Last edited by Jim; 04-27-2011 at 02:32 AM.

For quick and easy, the Hogue ( small ) universal slip ons work great ( Thanks pakguns ), run them under hot water to soften, and use lots of oil. Getting them over the lanyard ring is doable. They make a pleasant difference in ergonomics.

OPPPS sorry I seem to have gotten off track here I meant to say is the Tokarev is a great pistol

Not the forum for political rants!
    Last edited by TENNESSEEAN; 07-19-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Wrong forum for political rants.

Ordered myself a pair of the M57 Yugo grips from Marschalgrips, nothing fancy basically the same as the plastic but in wood. I love saying 'ain't no plastic in this' to the Glock crowd. His site is a bit difficult to navigate but he has a very large selection. Wrap arounds with and w/o thumbrest, back strap wrap arounds, The Blob, etc. He seems to be doing a brisk business with these, the wait time is about 3 months atm. Hopefully, they'll arrive in time for my b'day next month. My b'day present to myself

One of my Tokarevs in red stain walnut Marschal grips and IWB (Ross holster)

I haven't seen those rubber Zastava grips in years and that Canadian guy's website no longer exists.

Hogue slip ons work okay as well. Trimmed to fit the Romainian and polish Toks but may fit the M57 better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12