Gunboards Forums banner

Astra 600/43 9 mm Parabellum

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  enfielded 
#1 ·
Hey guys just picked up this astra 600 at the funshow today. Its in beautiful condition overall. Its serial number is in the 35xxx range. It does not have any wartime German markings or postwar German police markings so i am assuming it was sold commercially. It did come with the correct black leather full flap police/military type holster. The holster has no maker marks on it but has a 4 digit number marked under the flap with what appears to be white paint and possibly a name in ink.

#3 ·
I understand the pistols in the serial number range mentioned by the original poster were in fact ordered by the German govt during the war, but not delivered because of the Franco-Spanish border being closed by the allied invasion. I've always wondered if Astra managed to get paid twice, by both the wartime German govt and their postwar successors.

Apparently some of the postwar police Astra 600s were never issued; in the mid '60s they were being sold in the US in quantity, in new condition with holster, extra magazine, and factory target. I paid $45 for this one.

Attachments

#6 ·
Went to another funshow today & saw another 600 only this one was waffenampted serial number 8xxx marked PistPatr08 on the barrel hood visible thruthe ejection port all numbers match bluing approx 90 % maybe better was priced slightly more than what I paid for my 600/43 but owner wouldn't sell to me as I am not a resident of the state the show was held in

#7 ·
I also noted some differences between the German issued Astra & mine. First the German issued piece has thje Astra logo on the slide-my 600/43 does not. Second my 600/43 has more info stamped on the top rear of the slide than the German issued piece. The German issue piece does not have any model markings on it just mfr name & Guernica Espana stamped on it-mfr name on one side of the sight groove and Guernica Espana on the other side of the sight groove while my 600/43 has mfr name and Guernica Espana on one side of the sight groove and "astra" mod 600/43 9mm Parabellum stamped on the other side

#8 ·
DocRx,

The Astra 600's recieved by the Germans are termed "first contract" by collectors and you will often see them labeled as such.

They will have a serial number between 500 and 10,500. The will be waffenampted on the right rear of the frame. They will have an Astra logo just above the barrel bushing.

With only 10k made they are fairly rare and worth a premium, I generally have seen them run at least twice what a second contract gun costs. Too bad you couldnt pick it up, if the price was right might have been worth having it transfered to a dealer in your home state. I love mine and would not hesitate to buy another if the price was reasonable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.