Default Butt plate for 12 ga. Wards Hercules Model 11

My father was from a very poor family in upper middle Tennessee. In the late 30's he bought a single barrel "Wards Hercules" which he allowed my uncle to use while he was in the Army in Europe. My uncle took off the original butt plate and fashioned one from scrap leather to, I can only guess; lighten the recoil.

Can anyone tell what the original butt plate would look like or where I can obtain another?
    If it was sheet steel, I can make another OK...

Thanks.

Nope. Get a generic one and file it to fit. If the butt is curved you can soften a plastic plate in hot water or bend a metal one.
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

The Hercules Model 11 was made by H&R, and H&R called it the "Topper 48". I assume the Topper 48 buttplate will fit the Hercules Model 11.

There were 2 different Topper 48 Models with different buttplates. Numrich doesn't have any in stock for either model. This is typical of the inexpensive guns since there's neither much call for parts or much profit in them. I'd measure the end of the butt and get a slightly oversized pad, file it down. You may also be able to find a left over one at a gunsmith or gun store for very little.
    This page has a couple examples. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...px?catid=12057
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Thanks for the link to Numrich and Tom D's tip about H&R. I saw another Wards Hercules on Gunbroker and learned its buttplate had "Western Field".

Thanks again to both of you.