New Sokolov Mount - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Sokolov Mount

Thanks Neil. Sadly, I've ordered twice from them and never heard a word in response, so I guess my real question is where, other than Avia, can one obtain a copy?
    My orignal copy came form the museum in St Petersburg compliments of a friend of mine who has been there a number of times.

Bob

This is the source I got mine from so quite if they have run out or what I do not know.

They confirmed at the time that they did not have a UK distributor.

Gentlemen, save your pennies
    This issue (like many others) has been scanned by Russian gun-nut community and posted online some time ago. here's the link for download, the file is less than 5 Mb in size. You will need a DjVu reader program to read it.

Book: http://www.mediafire.com/?sg5akifaz6nfadg
    WinDjView reader: http://windjview.sourceforge.net/

let me know it you have trouble with downloads.
    Regards, Max
    Modern Firearms website at http://world.guns.ru/

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Bob,

Please PM me , I have PDF's Russian for the book, plus I have an English translation, which is about 85%

Regards

David

Max,

Thank for the reference, do you perhaps have any other Russian books on military firearms available to down load

Rgds

David

David

I would be interested in a full translation of the magazine as well.

I only ever had the WW2 section translated.

Do you have any to add from your observations on whether the late pattern feed blocks were manufactured post-war as discussed with Bob earlier in the thread.

Neil
    Last edited by REME245; 09-28-2010 at 07:34 AM.

I to have ordered from the above company. Took months to get my money back. David, PM sent as I would love to have a copy.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
    Max,

Thank for the reference, do you perhaps have any other Russian books on military firearms available to down load

Rgds

David
    yes, i have many. for example, the classic 2-volume set by Blagonravov "Materialnaya chast strelkovogo oruzhija" (hard to translate title properly, but it contains very detailed descriptions and analysis on many Ww2-era small arms, from pistols and up to HMGs). Also do have e-copies of the post-WW2 era reference books about foreign small arms and ammunition, and many others. Also have many scanned manuals for Soviet small arms
    just few cover snapshots:
    Regards, Max

Max,
    Thanks for sharing the covers of the manuals, I am looking for the following manuals in Russian :-

Colt 1911 manual
    Colt 1896 MG manual
    Lewis Gun Manual

Plus any other WW1 era / early Soviet manuals that reference captured or Allied supplied WW1 period weapons

I already have a Russian Schwarzlose 07/12 manual from 1916/17

Thx

DavidA

Neil,
    Just back from a trip away, delayed by the weather.

I will email you a copy tomorrow.

My main sphere of interest in Maxims is really up to the 1930's. However my feeling is that the last model feedblocks on the Ukrainian 1910's appear to be far superior in quality to other wartime feedblocks I have seen.

This make me think that they were made postwar when the 1910's were refurnbished and put into store or supplied to China and Korea.

As this moves to US ETO, it would be good to know more about Korean War / VN period US military bring backs, no doubt there are examples in US collections / museums that would provide more information, marks, dates, quality, number matching etc.

Perhaps Max may have a view

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
    Max,
    Thanks for sharing the covers of the manuals, I am looking for the following manuals in Russian :-

Colt 1911 manual
    Colt 1896 MG manual
    Lewis Gun Manual

Plus any other WW1 era / early Soviet manuals that reference captured or Allied supplied WW1 period weapons

I already have a Russian Schwarzlose 07/12 manual from 1916/17

Thx

DavidA
    David,
    i have Lewis manuals in Russian, one dated 1916 (ground gun) and another dated 1924 (aircraft observer gun). Both are in PDF format. Please contact me off-site amd maybe we will trade files

Also have 1912-dated manual for Maxim M1910 and mounts (in JPG format), but resolution is quite small (although readable on the screen)
    Regards, Max

From a Russian language firearms collectors forum.

Last edited by Kirby; 03-20-2017 at 02:49 PM.

I guess I'm a little late to the thread but I have seen some of the later WWII type mounts made of cast iron or steel that have the 3 hole gross elevation adjustment setup. One of them had a number like those found on the wartime guns with a code and 3 digits-ie шн 243. I recall selling a couple of them a few years back for Ohio Ord and other than the holes in place of the curved slot they didn't look any different than the rest. None of them were brass that I recall. Maybe there are more mystery types out there. Hard to say what the russians did as the guns and mounts were made in a number of places and at times where getting them out the door was more important than having everything the same.

Frank

1939 dated manual I have shows the center type adjustment holes shown on the chart in my previous post. The chart is from a long discussion about this subject on a Russian language forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12