The Best AK 47 muzzle brake ?

Thread: The Best AK 47 muzzle brake ?

Default The Best AK 47 muzzle brake ?

opinions needed for what is the very best AK 47 muzzle brake? I have had great results with the Type 74. But is anything better?

I bought a pin-on version for my Mak90, but haven't had a chance to shoot it at all yet. Looks like a modified '74 type. Sure made the gun look better. Andy

For original brakes, the best is the genuine AK-74 design. They're making versions for the 7.62 rifles now that are far better than the "look-alike" Tapco types that don't work all that well.

The genuine AK-74 brake both reduces muzzle climb and recoil.
    For an AK-47 rifle, you'll have to either use an adapter to adapt the 14.1mm left-hand threads to the AK-74 24mm right hand threads, or install and AK-74 type front sight support that has the threads for the brake.

For commercial brakes, there are some like the Vortex that are said to be very good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I bought an AK-74 type that simply screwed on. Works like a charm. Versus the slant type on originally it is a world of difference.

'74 is probably the most effective...... but for coolness and to impress your "neighbors", the AMD can't be beat.
    " Dude with a pencil is worse than a cat with a machinegun"... Bo Diddley

The 74 brake is great, but imo the PWS FSC-47 was the best I've ever used. Downside is its $80.
    I know where to buy 7N1 ammo(7.62x54r 152 grain match) in the USA. Please ask.

And also know where to get PSL polymer stock sets(adjustable/normal).
    (this is not a WTS ad)

I saw a psl break on a akm 47 that was cool. I was told it works about as well as the 74 style
    A you tube post by DeAndre McInnis "Erwin Rommel was a smart mother [email protected]"