Default Iranian Ammo at Samco?

Bush kind
    Last edited by MK TX; 07-29-2013 at 06:49 PM.

I am also curious about this ammo. I would buy some but i'm sure shipping to MT would be very costly. I think I'll stick with my czech surplus...

Very interesting ammo...but very overpriced.

Looks like 19 to 20cent/rd ammo to me......"max"!
    "Saigon Tea, 60 P, you no buy you di di DI!"

Maybe they bought it high a year or so ago and thought that ammo prices would continue to climb.
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny c. View Post
    Maybe they bought it high a year or so ago and thought that ammo prices would continue to climb.
    +1 Not worth what they're asking for it....
    "The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament..."

I'm starting, to suspect that I, don't know how to use commas.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny c. View Post
    I doubt SAMCO buys anything "high".....but I do know them and they are happy to let an item sit in the warehouse for decades at the same price until it sells. Rare for them to drop a price to stimulate customer level sales but they do wholesale some stuff to SG and other distributors from time to time.
    "Saigon Tea, 60 P, you no buy you di di DI!"

Hi, I have recently shot a 100 rounds of the Iranian ammo from Samco (1 week ago), in a DCM I.H. garand in pristine condition, and the ammo fired so clean the inside of the cases appeared almost unfired afterwards. The accuracy was so good I drug out my Oehler 35m chronograph and after 6 years in its box it
    worked unsurprisingly perfect, showing the ammo capable of speed spreads of 2,699 f.p.s. to 2,745 fps out of 10 consistent shots. Folks, for 42 year old ammo thats good. The groups were from sandbag position as small as 1 5/8", at a private range over 57 yards.
    Mark
    A proud owner of M1 Garand and M1 carbine and 98k mausers