Thread: Anyone else use Berry's plated bullets????????????

Default Anyone else use Berry's plated bullets????????????

I use the .40 S&W 180 FN and I'm real satisfied with them. Expensive though, $116.73 shipped for 1K. The last lot I bought was $50.00 for 1K around 8 yrs. a go.

Bill

I remember getting these for $77- 5 years ago. They worked great in my Beretta Storm. Ranier bullets seem to be a better quality and I prefer them over Berrys.
    " Until now, we knew that Greeks were fighting like heroes; from now on we shall say that the heroes fight like Greeks."
    Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Britain - 1940.

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco-from the Good the Bad and the Ugly

Yeah, I use the 110 gr. Berry's bullets for .30 carbine. They are nice bullets.

Yeah, Berry's 9mm makarov; very nice.

I to, use the 110 gr. in my 30 carbine. Iíve also used the .32, 71 gr. in 32ACP loads, .380, 100 gr. RNHB in 380ACP, and .38 cal 148 gr. HBWC in both 38 Special and 357 Magnum (I sometimes load theses backwards for a devastating hollow point). Always had good results with their bullets.

I use Berry's in both 9mm and 40S&W. They perform satisfactorily but I typically only buy them when my budget is being squeezed...
    "The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament..."

I'm starting, to suspect that I, don't know how to use commas.

I like both Berry's and Rainier - don't see much difference in the two. Work fine in my .38/.357 and my .45ACP.

I use several Berrys & I'm happy with them. Not sure if they still have free shipping, but they did last year when I amassed my current inventory.

I'm using the .45 185 gr HBRN, 185 gr swc, 9mm 124 gr HBFMJ & HBFP's & some .358 158 gr swc's All work really well.

My cheapest, light load plinking ammo is Berrys plated. I load 9mm, .38spl, .357mag, .44spl and .45acp. Never had a problem with it.

Polk County, Florida - out in the boonies

I have been considering trying the Berry's in my .30 carbine and .357 wheelgun. What powders do you guys use with them? I have been using H110 in both with jacketed bullets.
    American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God!
    http://fantasyofflight.com/
    VENISON - It's whats for Dinner!

I use 14gr. of H110 in my 30 carbine with the 110 gr. bullet.

In 38S&W I use 4gr. of Unique and in 357mag I use 6gr of 231 with the 148gr. bullet. These are not max loads but I like them.

I donít use H110 in my pistols as it usually takes Ĺ as much of a pistol powder like Unique or 231 to achieve the same results. Did I mention that Iím cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    I have been considering trying the Berry's in my .30 carbine and .357 wheelgun. What powders do you guys use with them? I have been using H110 in both with jacketed bullets.
    I use about 4.5 gr of Bullseye behind a 115 gr 9mm bullet
    "The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament..."

I'm starting, to suspect that I, don't know how to use commas.

I like Berry's because there isn't any leading and they shoot good out of the CZ82s I have.
    I've been shooting .38 cases in my .357 Blackhawk with Berry's HBWC and 231. I seat the bullet so it is the same length as a .357 case or just a tad longer.
    I spent most of my money on motorcycles. The rest I just wasted.