Thread: Feg Pa-63

Default Feg Pa-63

what is the consensus on the FEG PA-63....I had one, traded it for surplus 7.62x54R....damn thing hurt like H..ll to fire. Hammer actually caught my thumb and I bled like a stuck pig on the gun range.....
    Last edited by Randy45; 09-14-2007 at 04:14 PM.

I have one and kinda like it. A little stout recoil...no problem though.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959-1963

I got one. Recoil is stout. Mine hasn't been shot much, still gets a few jams everytime I shoot it. I could probably fix that with a little polish on the feed ramp. I'll get to that one of these days....

I have one, but I'm more fond of the all-steel Makarov and P-64. PA-63s are sure going cheap now. Good truck gun once they're broken in.

I had one, loved the compactness of it, and they look great. I just didn't shoot it after I got my Mak, so I sold it off.
    For what they're going for now, you can't go wrong at least trying one out!

Default PA63

Got a brand new one in box a year or so ago with idea of discrete "carry gun" use - I've come to really like the little guy. A set of Wolff springs tamed recoil and reduced dbl action trigger pull. Added a set of "Dennis" grips which made a super nice hand fit - also eliminated "slide bite" for me. A bit of polish/cleanup on the feed ramp and it shoots any 94/95 HP or FMJ grain ammo I've tried. Surprisingly accurate for intended use - even impressed my cop friends.
    I would like to acquire a "real" MAK but never see any for sale in my area.

I had one that I bought new back in '93. I put a lot of rounds thru it and liked it, but it just got to where the recoil hurt my hand and the slide kept biting me so I eventually traded it. It was a nice, well made gun, and at the prices which they are available now, I wouldn't mind having another one.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

I have two of them, both of them have the 9# hammer spring and the 15 # recoil spring in them and Dennis grips on them, never had a FTF as long as use 363 dia. bullets , love the Titanium-Aluminium alloy frame
    it seems to be strong and light, also the mag release is on the side not on the bottom, never been much bothered by recoil

NORM

Is the FEG PA-63 C&R??

Quote Originally Posted by Randy45 View Post
    Is the FEG PA-63 C&R??
    No, it is not.

I like mine. I guess it just fits my hands better than some people. No problems at all. I also went with the Wolff springs. It's a handy little pistol with some punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy45 View Post
    what is the consensus on the FEG PA-63
    I see them online for $120 - $135 and that is cheap. In size aren't they about the same as the really excellent CZ-82 that's not a whole lot more expensive?
    "The only time we see the middle of the road
    is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
    ----------------------------------------------------

Have to admit it was a nice looking compact pistol...I miss it occasionally, then I remember how my wrist was achin after about 10 rounds. I did replace with a Walther P1....haven't fired it yet though...taking it out to the range this weekend.

I had one several years ago, never had a FTF, nor injured by the hammer or slide. Sweet little pistol that I used in trade for my EG Makarov.

I've been wishing I paid cash for the Mak ever since.
    Member: SEGMC; MSR-16

Talking

I've had one for about 3 yrs. Haven't shot it much, probably less than a box of shells.
    I am used to a Walther PP in 380 and I don't find the PA 63 any different, just a better cal.

I was up in Wyoming last month to let my 11 yr old nephew shoot some of my guns and his 10 yr old sister got into the act. They both shot all 9 of the guns I took up - Bearcat, PA 63, MP 40, Thompson, MAC 10 9mm/suppressor, Mod 92 Win 38/40, AR 15, FN FAL & BAR (from the prone position). When we were done I ask them if there was anything they wanted to shoot again - They Both Said the Bearcat and the PA 63 so we went back out and they both put a mag thru the PA 63.

After that I wonder what it is about the PA 63 that makes some grown men whimper?
    Neither of them had ever fired a hand gun before and the girl had never shot anything.
    Sarge

Talking

From what I've been reading the wimper comes from guys with big hands who don't keep them out of the way when the slide kicks back:D
    I posted yesterday asking about the PA-63 wanting info on it. I deleted my post. This post has given me all I need to know. I'm buying 2 of them. 1 for me and 1 for my daughter for her 21st Bday.

Hey NORMSUTTON, those are the best PA's I've ever seen man. those grips really look nice. I traded my 63 about a month ago for a paratrooper sks, but now am looking to trade a different sks for a new pistol.

I have had mine for about 5 years now and haven't had any problems with it. I do need to put a set of wolf springs in it. What is odd is that mine has a dark frame, bought it that way. I wonder if it was a civilian version instead of a military/police version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA63a.jpg  
    Last edited by 12Bravo; 10-07-2007 at 10:32 PM.

J&G has them for $100 on sale right now. Not sure if I can walk away from that kind of deal.

I have had several over the years, makes a light, handy, compact pistol for little money.
    Almost all that I have encountered worked well and were quite accurate, hard to beat for anything like the money.

Perhaps someone watching this thread could help me (sorry for the hi-jack!).

I need to find a slide stop spring for my PA-63. Any ideas?

Question Wood grips

Those are really beautiful grips NORMSUTTON !
    What wood are they? Did you make them yourself?
    The original plastic grips are the only thing i dislike about my P63.

Best Regards, A

Quote Originally Posted by AzCetme View Post
    J&G has them for $100 on sale right now. Not sure if I can walk away from that kind of deal.
    I just saw that last night. After handling one at a gun shop (asking $220!), I started to get the bug for one again.

Still haven't seen any sold in the set like mine was, came with two magazines, cleaning rod, 'target' and flat left grip panel, and flap holster.
    Last edited by Hauptmann; 10-11-2007 at 10:26 AM.
    Member: SEGMC; MSR-16

Quote Originally Posted by Hauptmann View Post
    I just saw that last night. After handling one at a gun shop (asking $220!), I started to get the bug for one again.

Still haven't seen any sold in the set like mine was, came with two magazines, cleaning rod, 'target' and flat left grip panel, and flap holster.
    I couldn't resist and took the ride up and bought one the other day. WOW - I lucked out when he brought out a few to choose from. I took one out & it was essentially new. It had no wear at all on the slide and the finish was nice & even. I'm charging up the camera so I'll post some pics later tonight. The guy did tell me that now that they've lowered the price to $100, they're starting to sell alot quicker.
    I'M LISTENING TO THE F@#%ING SONG!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hauptmann View Post

Forgot to mention - it comes with one magazine. Serial number on mine matched the gun. No holster, cleaning rod/kit or extra mag. So $100 buys you the gun, manual and the Kimber gun lock along with it.
    I'M LISTENING TO THE F@#%ING SONG!!!!!!!!!!

Cool

The PA 63s with the black anodized frame came on the market before the ones with the silvery frame - which I don't like. Seems like all that has been available for some time is the shinney ones.
    Guess I'll have to see if J&G has any black ones, if so I might buy another one.
    Sarge