Default Martini Schuetzen question

Can anyone help me with some background on a Swiss gunsmith from St.Gallen by the name of "Rud.Elmer" who built target rifles using the Martini action in the latter part of the 19th.century...?
    Any leads would be appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeer View Post
    Can anyone help me with some background on a Swiss gunsmith from St.Gallen by the name of "Rud.Elmer" who built target rifles using the Martini action in the latter part of the 19th.century...?
    Any leads would be appreciated, thanks.

To help you out I've post your question on www.swissrifles.com - let's see if the mavens over there can help, eh?

Best

tac
    Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund
    I am an international Gunboards patron

Here y'are, fresh from the paws of Guisan - a poster here and on www.swissrifles.com -

'Rudolf Elmer was a gunsmith between 1880 and 1922 and he was authorised by the EMD to work on military guns from 1883 on. He has a 1889 patent on his name for a ejector for rimless centerfire cartridges in Martini and other breechblock system rifles.

Guisan. '

tac
    Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund
    I am an international Gunboards patron

tac;
    Many thanks for taking time to post the question on the other forum, and to relay Guisan's prompt reply; for which I thank him also. It's interesting (for me that is) to know that for every Swiss Martini chambered to take the 7.5mm Swiss cartridge, Rudolf Elmer's rimless extractor was most likely used.
    Cheers,
    Gingerbeer