Thread: Anyone taken the expensive plung on a yugo m59 from samco yet?

Default Anyone taken the expensive plung on a yugo m59 from samco yet?

The add says they come with the kit.....close to 400 after shipping, but I do want one, and hope to order one before too long.......Curious if anyone has yet, and what they got. Most people think these are way overpriced, and while I agree, they are the only real game in town for a yugo m59......

if it doesnt have the grenade launcher

its probably worth it

FIVESHOT

I bought a couple a few months ago (maybe even a year). They are Yugo rebuilds with perfect barrels and all matching numbers. If you don't mind an arsenal rebuild, they're great.
    GO ARMY!!

I thought about it too but I live in FL so I would have to pay sales tax, shipping and a long shipping wait. Next time I get down to Miami I'll stop by and save myself the shipping charge.
    USS Leahy CG-16 83-86
    4th FSSG NAS JAX 86-90

I purchased there last unissued yugo m59's when they had them and i got a brand new m59 it looks awesome. Now i'm thinking about pulling the trigger on another one soon too. These are as good as most of the chinese sks's are there like brand new. I'm thinking these were also rebuilt for our market, they probably pulled them off the 59/66 change over line and rebuilt them to m59's again. The m59 is the rare one anyhoo.
    Are you ready for 12-21-2012?? Lets pray its the second comming of Christ and not the end like so many predict.

I really want one, especially if they have new barrels....I am really curious how good the very good are.....

Quote Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover View Post
    The add says they come with the kit.....close to 400 after shipping, but I do want one, and hope to order one before too long.......Curious if anyone has yet, and what they got. Most people think these are way overpriced, and while I agree, they are the only real game in town for a yugo m59......
    On Monday my order was confirmed and credit card charged for one of the M59s in "new condition." While the price seems high, my FFL told me that Samco's stuff is really excellent quality. Also, from what I've seen on "Gunbroker" most of the common M59/66 rifles are going for $300-$350.
    So, if they send what they promised in the ad the price is not a rip off.

I will post some pics when I received the weapon.

Mike

Well, I picked up my Samco Global Yugo M59 SKS yesterday evening at my FFL. They did not exagerate - this rifle is in flat out new, unissued condition! It is absolutely GORGEOUS! It also feels so well balanced when handling. The Zastava Armory really produces excellent firearms.

I've been waiting over three years to get one of these and I'm glad I spent the extra 30 bucks for a "new condition" as opposed to an "excellent condition." It has light cosmoline, mostly inside the rifle that I will be cleaning within the next few days when I get a chance. I wiped the stock perfectly clean with just a plain rag and the grain and quality of the wood is superb!

As soon as I borrow a digital camera I will post some pics. If anyone has been thinking about getting one of these I would suggest going for it now. Samco Global came through as promised. You won't be disappointed!

Mike

Question for Moderators:

Is it legal to tease the entire membership with a description of a pristine collectible Yugo M59 without posting pics at the same time?

It's so not fair! Pics now!

+1 I can't take it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by martin08 View Post
    Question for Moderators:

Is it legal to tease the entire membership with a description of a pristine collectible Yugo M59 without posting pics at the same time?

It's so not fair! Pics now!

Quote Originally Posted by martin08 View Post
    Question for Moderators:

Not sure about here on the boards, but I think it's against the Geneva Convention.

If it isn't illegal, it should be .

Keith

Ok i'm guilty, but there really, really purdy....these unissued yugo m59's. My first one looks unbelievable purdy and i can touch her all i want to too...she is mine. I have her in with my unissued 59/66's too. I'm going to the brig now for sure the surplus military brig but can i bring my unissued yugo m59 with me too?
    Are you ready for 12-21-2012?? Lets pray its the second comming of Christ and not the end like so many predict.

Sure... Rub salt into the open wounds why don't you...

You know once aim surplus offered a darkbore special and i received an unissued 59/66. I jump on all there specials ever since they had the albanian cracked stock sks's years ago. Samco has been good to me too. Dam i want another yugo m59 unissued too. Maybe next month if they still have any left. Maybe i'll tell the misses i want one for christmas?

My point is get these while we can, break the piggy bank, remorgage the farm, borrow from the wife either way go for the unissued yugo m59 now. You won't regret it later.

I ordered one of the unissued Model 59's and the M59/66 (no nightsights) in unissued conditon as well, as they only got 300 M59's total, and that will be all there is so don't wait to long. I have a couple of real nice M59's that I got from SAMCO when they got the first shippment back 5 or 6 years ago, but they were not unissued. Can't wait for UPS.
    Tex

did someone say pictures of new unissued yugo M59?

Quote Originally Posted by whos2kno View Post
    did someone say pictures of new unissued yugo M59?
    Yes, and apparently they were lying.

i can't imagine all those m59s truely being unissused. Do they mean unissused after refurb?

Q: What do pictures of Bigfoot, UFOs, and M59s have in common?

Keith

Lightbulb

SOG has them in unissued condition for $329; Classic has them in Excellent condition for the same price. Anyone get one from these folks?

Could these be rearsenalled back to there orginal condition for our market so they meet are demands?? If they are everything is brand new, i don't see anything thats used on them. My first m59 looks like its brand new, unissued.

What do you think will run dry first the russian mosins or the yugo sks's???? I think the yugoslav's manufactured more sks's than everyone else, while the chinese manufactured differemt models.

I think the yugoslav's manufactured more sks's than everyone else, while the chinese manufactured differemt models.
    Um, I think the Chinese manufactured more SKSs than all other countries combined.

Keith
    Last edited by trainsktg; 10-24-2010 at 09:47 PM.

And , trainsktg , the chinese is

the best of the sks's

fiveshot

Quote Originally Posted by Hudson Hornet View Post
    SOG has them in unissued condition for $329; Classic has them in Excellent condition for the same price. Anyone get one from these folks?
    SOG has the Yugo M59/66 in unissued condition for $329, not the M59!

I borrowed a really crappy camera and out of 10 photos only 2 came out "fair." They don't really show off the weapon the way it really looks. I'll try to put them up, but don't expect much. Well, that's a moot point. The upload failed. I think the files were too big. You're not missing much.

I'll try to get my hands on another camera and get some good shots.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by FIVESHOT View Post
    And , trainsktg , the chinese is

the best of the sks's

fiveshot
    Ya think so? I'll have to pull my '51 Russian out and compare. I don't remember the inside of the Russian's receiver having as many machining swirls as my Chinese's. (I've got a threaded barrel Chinese with a short barrel lug, so the comparison is probably as close to like-for-like as possible.)

Keith

if you study the Yugo M59 series of guns you would know that they pull guns from storage periodically and refurb them as needed. You might get lucky and actually get a new unissued gun but most likely these are all guns from storage that have had some kind of rebuild. New unissued guns are a rare item. there will be allot of clues whether they are new unissued or rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by howiebearse View Post
    if you study the Yugo M59 series of guns you would know that they pull guns from storage periodically and refurb them as needed. You might get lucky and actually get a new unissued gun but most likely these are all guns from storage that have had some kind of rebuild. New unissued guns are a rare item. there will be allot of clues whether they are new unissued or rebuilt.
    Well, that wouldn't be the end of the world. The rifle was advertised as "new condition," not "unissued." It looks brand spanking new as advertised. If it was re-arsenaled at Zastava I wouldn't be upset in the least.

What does bother me a bit is what happened when I told a guy at work (who reloads his own and has extensive knowledge about guns) that I bought a Yugo M59 SKS. He went into a 5 minute rant in Russian about how I should have consulted with him, and how the Yugo SKS is not accurate, and how I should have bought a Soviet SKS, etc., etc.

Now I am starting to feel kind of bad. I guess I have to just get the gun out to the range, break it in, and see for myself if it is as innacurate as I was told.

Mike

i have 4 M59 and i can tell you they shoot as good or even better then my russian shooters
    you will be very happy with it

I can't take it anymore. Twenty eight replies about new M59's and no pics.

My three "old" M59 refurbs and M59/66.

I feel much better now......

Ahhhhhh.....

Keith

nothing like a good dose of nationalism to spice up a gun discussion......Russians are cool, good collectors, but I seriously doubt ANYONE can lay claim that one of the manufacturers made a more accurate sks then the others......

Here is my like new M59 that seems to be an unrefurbished unissued example as its not 1.TRZ marked,its all matching,it has a new barrel and has a stock that shows no signs of sanding and refinishing as on the refurbished 1.TRZ M59,stock has a few storage marks from 45 years of being around but many unissued rifles have a few storage marks.
    And pictures of my other two M59,an excellent cond refurbished 1.TRZ marked M59 and a battle worn M59 that was likely used in Balkan War also 1.TRZ refurbished.
    M59 with plum receivers and with mismatching color handguards seem to be refurbished.
    Battle worn M59 very early C series 24,7** serial,refurbished M59 C series 39,*** serial and unrefurbished M59 C series 45,***serial
    2 of my whould qualify as Samco New grade based on what I have seen,wonder if I should buy another from Samco? I really need to see more pics of Samco new grade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pix1578660734.jpg   pix1578660937.jpg   pix1578660546.jpg   pix1578660609.jpg   pix1578660671.jpg   pix1578661156.jpg  

pix1578661203.jpg   pix1578661078.jpg   pix1578661281.jpg   aug26 088.jpg  
    Last edited by Russian Spetznaz; 10-28-2010 at 01:48 AM.

very nice looking M59

Very, very nice looking...

Keith

While cleaning up my Samco global "new condition" Yugo M59 I found 1.TRZ stamped in microscopic letters on the right side of the butt. On the left side were the very large numbers: 48651.

It would appear that my Yugo M59 is re-arsenaled, not unissued. It would have been nice if it was unissued, but I'm not surprised, nor disappointed. They advertised "new condition," not "unissued condition." The rifle looks as new as it gets. I probably would have been surprised if it was an unissued SKS. I would think that unissued M59s are few and far between today.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 3A PKKA View Post
    Well, that wouldn't be the end of the world. The rifle was advertised as "new condition," not "unissued." It looks brand spanking new as advertised. If it was re-arsenaled at Zastava I wouldn't be upset in the least.

What does bother me a bit is what happened when I told a guy at work (who reloads his own and has extensive knowledge about guns) that I bought a Yugo M59 SKS. He went into a 5 minute rant in Russian about how I should have consulted with him, and how the Yugo SKS is not accurate, and how I should have bought a Soviet SKS, etc., etc.

Now I am starting to feel kind of bad. I guess I have to just get the gun out to the range, break it in, and see for myself if it is as innacurate as I was told.

Mike
    I've never noticed a difference in accuracy between my Chinese, Russian, or Yugo M59s. I admit that with the sights these things wear, the least of my problems is the rifle.

No need to feel bad.

Honestly, if you want an accurate semi-auto just buy a match AR and be done with it. There's no real reason to be overly concerned with how accurate a SKS is as it is a poor tool for that purpose. On the other hand, as a collectible or just a fun shooter, it is great.

The M59s are fairly uncommon here in the U.S., and getting one now seems like a good idea to me. You can pick up the other countries' examples later as they are all on the secondary market now and have been for some time (and will continue to be)
    There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong.
    H. L. Mencken

Thats awesome.......

I posted theses pics of my new one in another thread. In case you missed it.....
    When I got it in, it was surprisingly clean. It had a little cosmo in the crannies but it was largely devoid of that sweet smelling stuff. Matching #'s bolt carrier, receiver, and stock.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05395.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	374854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05396.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	374853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05399.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	374852
    Last edited by romyfan; 11-25-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by romyfan View Post
    I posted theses pics of my new one in another thread. In case you missed it.....
    When I got it in, it was surprisingly clean. It had a little cosmo in the crannies but it was largely devoid of that sweet smelling stuff. Matching 3's bolt carrier, receiver, and stock.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05395.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	374854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05396.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	374853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05399.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	374852
    Yep, this is just how my Samco Global "new condition" M59 looked when it came in. The same wood, light cosmoline. The same "1.TRZ" re-arsenal mark on the right side of the butt.

I will tell you in advance that it is put together quite tightly. When I disassembled it (to give it a good cleaing of the cosmoline and then a coat of barricade) I was unable to separate the stock from the barrel and gave up after awhile. Removing the trigger assembly was also a chore, however reassembling it was a first class pain in the ass (yes, the safety was on during the procedure!).

Well, it's put back together again, looks cool, and has got to be one of the tightest fitting rifles in the world!!!

Mike

A old thread i know but i just thought i would comment.I bought one of there excellent grades samco had available.It was $180 at the time so the prices have more than doubled on Yugo M59.For the most part the excellent grade one i got is in the same condition as what they call there new grade now.First there is no such thing as new M59s.Lets call them unissued refurbished rifles at least that makes more sense to me.Also for one to be considered matching the bolt an carrier and receiver and stock will match.At least most advanced SKS collectors will accept that as a matching rifle.A lot if not most will have a large number of new parts which have part numbers on them.The barrels may be new or like new in condition.The stocks may also be the later type stock for a longer style blade bayonet.Even though the M59s have a shorter bayonet.All in all they are what they are very nice refurbished rifles in unissued condition that will keep going up in value over the years.They are a great examples of a low numbers produced Yugo SKS.I see some posted were buyers complain about samco and they say they did not get a new rifle but a refurbished one.Well i say do your home work before buying and you will know your getting a very nice example of a refurbished rifle to close to new condition and unissued.