Thread: Bullets and casings for 6.5 Arisaka ??

Default Bullets and casings for 6.5 Arisaka ??

Hi,
    does anybody knows who can have a Prvi Partisan 140gr FMJ .264 bullets since Grafs is out?
    They also list out of stock 150gr .311 FMJ also from PPU which I liked to feed my SMLE.
    I started reloading for my T38 Arisaka this year and first time ever.I used 35 gr.of IMR 4064 with the 140gr.FMJ PPU and had decent accuracy.
    I inherited some cases made out of .303British and some from .35 Remington besides most being from Norma.
    Norma is bulging a lot and had one ruptured case above the base.I would like to avoid Norma in the future.I know it's undersized.
    So far the .35 Remigton cases seems most durable though being bit short..303s' are O.K. too.
    Is that PPU brass for 6.5 Arisaka from Grafs just as good as .35 Remington? Or should i make my own from.35 Remington ? I only have Lee dies and might not even be able do it right anyways ? Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paulslunecko View Post
    Hi,
    does anybody knows who can have a Prvi Partisan 140gr FMJ .264 bullets since Grafs is out?
    They also list out of stock 150gr .311 FMJ also from PPU which I liked to feed my SMLE.
    I started reloading for my T38 Arisaka this year and first time ever.I used 35 gr.of IMR 4064 with the 140gr.FMJ PPU and had decent accuracy.
    I inherited some cases made out of .303British and some from .35 Remington besides most being from Norma.
    Norma is bulging a lot and had one ruptured case above the base.I would like to avoid Norma in the future.I know it's undersized.
    So far the .35 Remigton cases seems most durable though being bit short..303s' are O.K. too.
    Is that PPU brass for 6.5 Arisaka from Grafs just as good as .35 Remington? Or should i make my own from.35 Remington ? I only have Lee dies and might not even be able do it right anyways ? Paul
    Most of the smaller ammo loaders are using PRVI Partizan brass. They'll get the first crack at the new empty cases. You'll have to buy some ammo and reload their brass...

Thanks .That's what I am going to do.I have a good luck with their 6.5 Swedish brass so I expect the 6.5 Jap. will be just as good.

I've had great luck with the PPU cases in my "type I'. I was forming them from 35 rem, but they are a little short. Also, don't forget that the 6.5 jap is a semi rimmed case, and cases formed will usually be a little small in the rim which could cause poor extraction. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by paulslunecko View Post
    Thanks .That's what I am going to do.I have a good luck with their 6.5 Swedish brass so I expect the 6.5 Jap. will be just as good.
    Mr. Nambu's FMJ range ammo is about $19 a box and he uses PRVI brass exclusively. Grafs has been out of both Japanese calibers for months. Hornady and Norma soft point hunting ammo is all that's left there.

Thanks for the tips.I'll buy the PPU(Prvi Partizan)since it seems that it will do the best for me.
    Grafs still shows PPU 6.5 jap brass on it's website.They unfortunately out of Prvi Partizan 140gr .264 FMJ bullets ,just as with the 150gr..311s'. I see that Mr.Nambu even has some 7.5 French brass.
    An old gentleman I know made me those cases out of .303 and 35.Remington .
    If I load all 5 rounds I have a very unreliable feeding.I have to single load when I am shooting. 4th round is especially bad ,it pops out of the magazine front first. I'd like to see some improvement about this with the new brass.
    Paul