Gunboards Forums banner

LLama Serial Number Database - Please Add Yours!

235K views 280 replies 153 participants last post by  cemorse 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not much is known about the Llama serial number sequencing, so we are attempting to do a database spreadsheet. For all practical purposes, we are looking at the handguns produced under the "Llama" name, and not the earlier Gabilondo y Cia products. I strongly suspect that Gabilondo y Cia started a continuous one-ascending number system from the point where they adopted the Llama name (the early 1930s?). To start, these are some numbers I have. Please list model name/number, caliber, year code (if available), and serial number.

"Extra" 9mm Largo - 1940 - 45680
"Extra" 9mm Largo - 1940 - 46306
"Extra" 9mm Largo - 1940 - 46883
Model II - 380 ACP - 1943 - 70989
Model I - 32 ACP - 1943 - 72994 (German GECO marked)
Model II - 380 ACP - 1944 - 78290
Model I - 32 ACP - 1944 - 84482
"Extra" 9mm Largo - 1944 - 89123
Model IIIA - 380 ACP - (don't have year handy) - 739813

#32 ·
I am researching a mark on my .380 Llama with serial number 6XXXX. On the right side just below the serial number is G.C in a circle. the letters are scroll. From my research, I think this is a German distributor, but I don't think it is Geco. Once site gave a differant mark for Gustav Genschow and coompany of Berlin an ammunition manufacturer who also made some rifles, mostly .22 Another site suggested that it might be the mark of the Spanish manufaturer, but that mark does not appear on most of the small frame Llamas that I have seen. I lost a gunbroker auction on a similarly marked .32 or .380, a couple months ago, but can not find it in the advanced search so it might have been longer. This particular pistol was Nazi marked and the seller gave the name of the company that the mark belonged to, but I can't remember it. The winning bid was over $900. the pistol was in beautiful shape, and I believe untouched. That being the case, I would think it very rare as it is the first I have seen. The germans "adopted" many commercial pistols to equip their military, Belgian, Polish, Italian etc., but I have never seen a commercial Llama. I got interested in the baby Llamas because they were pretty well made minature 1911s. I have a .22, a .32 (both post war) and the .380 which dates to 1942-1943. Any help on the mark would be appreciated.

Let me know about the springs. If springs in the .32 and .380 problems as well? if so, any suggestions as to where I might pick up a couple. I won't shoot them much, but would like to get a couple of each just in case. ...my son and daughter might appreciate that when they go to sell 'emm after I'm gone. Al

#35 · (Edited)
Llama serial number database

I just added this little "Especial" 22, left side of slide reads: GABILONDO y CIA-ELOBIAR (Espania) {second line} CAL.22 "LLAMA"
Right side of slide reads: "LLAMA" ESPECIAL, serial no. just above trigger # 3277xx There doesn't seem to be any import addresses or marks with the exception of "made in Spain" stamped on both magazines and bottom of mainspring housing. Would appreciate opinion of value as I'm completely unfamiliar with Llama. I'm somewhat impressed as the little gun feels and handles well. I shot a magazine with one FTE/FTC that most likely was my fault not the gun's. Thank you.

#36 ·
I just added this little "Especial" 22, left side of slide reads: GABILONDO y CIA-ELOBIAR (Espania) {second line} CAL.22 "LLAMA"
Right side of slide reads: "LLAMA" ESPECIAL, serial no. just above trigger # 3277xx There doesn't seem to be any import addresses or marks with the exception of "made in Spain" stamped on both magazines and bottom of mainspring housing. Would appreciate opinion of value as I'm completely unfamiliar with Llama. I'm somewhat impressed as the little gun feels and handles well. I shot a magazine with one FTE/FTC that most likely was my fault not the gun's. Thank you.
Your best bet is to search this forum for ".22" and you will get hours of reading about that popular pistol.
Values are increasing dramatically.

#38 ·
Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forum!

Does your Llama say MicroMax on it? I don't think that model came out until the 90s.
By your date code I bet you have the III-A which is not marked anywhere on the slide.
R*1 was made in 1973. Does your slide say "Especial" on it? Is it a locked breech
model? (barrel has a barrel link like a 1911). That is all helpful when you look for
parts or other information on your pistol. Just trying to help!!

Larry

#39 ·
Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forum!

Does your Llama say MicroMax on it? I don't think that model came out until the 90s.
By your date code I bet you have the III-A which is not marked anywhere on the slide.
R*1 was made in 1973. Does your slide say "Especial" on it? Is it a locked breech
model? (barrel has a barrel link like a 1911). That is all helpful when you look for
parts or other information on your pistol. Just trying to help!!

Larry
Well Larry, Thanks so much for the help! You are correct! The gun is exactly as you said. Thanks again for the information!
Bill

#43 ·
Llama Max-I CF 45 ACP Serial #07-04-14934- 97, built in 1997
My first 45 and it shoots like a dream. Not even a smile on the barrel when I bought it recently.

#44 ·
Personally, I am pleased with the Max series from Llama. I am sorry it didn't keep them from going under. They are solid shooters except for the MiniMax II SC model. I've had several and the quality is suspect, at best. The one I have now may end up being a good shooter but I'm still tinkering with it. Time will tell. However, my Max I 9mm Govt size is the best 9mm shooter I have. It is solid, reliable, accurate and the weight handles the 9mm recoil like a dream. All the Max series Llamas I've owned or worked on are solid. Any Llama lover needs to have 1 in their collection, IMO.

#45 ·

FWIW

I just bought a handful of Colt 45 Auto mags from www.Centerfiresystems.com for $6.49 each. They fit and cycle perfectly in my Max-I CF 45.

#52 ·
Hi am very new to this I used to own a LLama comanche 3 6" barrel in 357 in the mid 70's. Have just purchased another 357 Llama comanche 6" barrel but can not find out when it was manufactured the serial no is 938864. Yes it looked short to me as well but thats what it says. Could you let me know what year it is or where i could obtain this information, please. I have looked for the original paper work for the new Llama in the 70's as that could tell me the serial no of the gun i bought new then.
Which it could then compare with the one i just purchased. any help would be greatly appreciated.

#54 ·
Hi..I'm brand new to this. Was looking for info on a pistol I recently acquired through an estate and found this board. It is new in box, still in cosmoline with the pistol and metal cleaning rod remaining in the factory plastic bags, magazine and paperwork loose in box. Sold new in Seattle, Wa 10/17/68 for $49.97 along with a box of Peters 95gr metal case round nose for $4.57.. Including sales tax of $2.45, the invoice was for $56.99! Was purchased and put in a desk drawer, never to see the light of day for 44yrs....purchasers widow gave it to me as a Xmas gift last year. Blued with walnut grips and no lanyard ring. N*1 serial 441400. A beautiful little time capsule!!