Default Star .32 semi auto pistol

I just picked up a all matching .32 Star pistol(mini 1911 style) with two mags stamped matched to the pistol this past weekend. My question is how common are these? I have seen 9mm, 9mm Largo, .45, .380. Any help would be appreciated..

Here is a good source on the entire line of Star Pistols, I have the 380 caliber, nice little pistols. http://www.star-firearms.com/firearm.../s/index.shtml
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Bob In St. Louis is offline Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member/Super Moderator

As always - curly1 refers to this site, but the author of the site states it is not up to date, and do not rely on his data.
    Godfather, Eibar Mafia

El Jefe Loco

It's at least a place to start.
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Tony,

Sounds like you have a Star S/I, or an SIS. For every Star model S/I (32 cal) I see up for auction online, I see probably 20 or more of the model S (380 cal). Just guessing, but if you have an S/I with two numbered matching mags, it'd likely be a Spanish Police, or Military pistol. Serial number, and pics would help. Over the years we've seen a lot of the Model S, Air Force pistols with two matching #'d mags, but I don't ever remember seeing an S/I with two matching #'d mags. If you describe the stampings & proof marks on the gun, some of the other guys will likely add some info. Congratulations, on whatever it is, hope it's in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    I just picked up a all matching .32 Star pistol(mini 1911 style) with two mags stamped matched to the pistol this past weekend. My question is how common are these? Any help would be appreciated..
    Tony,
    I've been able to pickup 2 chrome Star SI's, in original box, with 2 unnumbered magazines each (commercial version), in the past six months. Both were via online auction sites. Due to living in the Great Republik of Kalifornia I can only register Stars which are C&R's into the state legally, so that is what I look for. This second one will be the "shooter" of the 2 as the first one is in mint condition with original purchase papers etc. I'm really having difficulty finding an S in 380 cal that is C&R. I've run across a number of S and SI's in the past year but none were C&R that I inquired about. I actually took my lastest SI out and fired it a week ago and found it quite pleasant to shoot. You can also get hollow points for it if you are looking for such ammo. Nice pistols , what did you pay for it, blued or chrome? You did well to score one! Congrats. Bob B.