Thread: PW ARMS

Default PW ARMS

Who is or was PW Arms,Redmond, WA?

TENNESSEEAN is offline Super Moderator / Diamond Bullet with oak leaves member

Pretty big importer located in Redmond, Wa.
    Appalachain American

They are somewhat new, I think they first showed up on "radar" about 6-8 years ago. They seem to closely work with Dan's Ammo so check Dan's website every couple of months.

Their import stamps aren't bad, I like them for that reason.

TENNESSEEAN is offline Super Moderator / Diamond Bullet with oak leaves member

Quote Originally Posted by ij70 View Post
    They are somewhat new, I think they first showed up on "radar" about 6-8 years ago. They seem to closely work with Dan's Ammo so check Dan's website every couple of months.
    They've been around longer than that, the first Bulgies I got from Dan was back in the late 90's and they were PW Arms imports. They were the importer of the LVE Green box 9x18 in the same time frame and Dan was the East Coast dist. for them. That's back when we were paying <$100/1,000 for the ammo with free shipping east of the Big Muddy. They had some problems a few years back but here lately it looks like they're back pretty strong.
    Appalachain American

Quote Originally Posted by TENNESSEEAN View Post
    They've been around longer than that, the first Bulgies I got from Dan was back in the late 90's and they were PW Arms imports. They were the importer of the LVE Green box 9x18 in the same time frame and Dan was the East Coast dist. for them. That's back when we were paying <$100/1,000 for the ammo with free shipping east of the Big Muddy. They had some problems a few years back but here lately it looks like they're back pretty strong.
    Before my time.

My first couple of Maks were PW Arms. I like the discrete import stamp so much more than billboards used by other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by SASDesertRat View Post
    My first couple of Maks were PW Arms. I like the discrete import stamp so much more than billboards used by other companies.
    PW Arms uses billboards now too, same as everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ij70 View Post
    PW Arms uses billboards now too, same as everyone.
    That's a real shame. The last PW Arms imports that I saw were 2010 imported SIG P226R and Browning HPs, they still had the discrete stamp. Do you happen to have a pic of their new billboard stamp?

That's a real shame. The last PW Arms imports that I saw were 2010 imported SIG P226R and Browning HPs, they still had the discrete stamp. Do you happen to have a pic of their new billboard stamp?
    I had FN GP-35 in mind when I wrote that. It would have been discrete if they put their legend on the back of the grip (my Series 245 has serial number on the front so not much space for legend there).

You should see the NHC import legend on my Israeli FN GP-35 from the last import of these, it is so tiny that the current PW import legend is a billboard.

Check any of the recent Polish p83 import stamps, and you will see the PW billboard.

I have a Russian Mak and an Indian HP from PW, nice small import markings.
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Quote Originally Posted by Simson-Suhl View Post
    Who is or was PW Arms,Redmond, WA?
    Your web fu needs training, grasshopper:

http://www.manta.com/c/mmf19c3/prineas-group-inc
    Last edited by SlimTim; 12-04-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: removed duplicate link

Just picked up a nice PA-64 from them today. Got a pretty decent price on it, and it already has soft grips, like a pachmayr, or something on it. Feels good in the hand. It FEELS like it already has a heavier recoil spring, more like the one I installed in my PA-63. I also notice that I can DA it, and maintain target. I suspect someone has done a little work on it.

I hope your right about the discrete import marks...I just bought a 76 Russian Mak the other day and all it says on the right is “PW Arms Redmond, Wa. 9X18"

I hope you are talking discrete like this one

Really wish we'd see the yugo surplus ammo that they are supposedly bringing in.....never a word on it.

And really wish we'd see more cheap indian high powers.....

I think they've been around 20 years or so. Unless I'm mistaken I got my first AR-15 from them. Had an 11" barrel with a 5 1/2" ext om it and a 1 in 14 twist. Wasn't that accurate but they were pushing that instability in the bullet and how it would tumble when it struck soft tissue.