Default mauser k98 KRIEGSMODELL marked DOU45. original or postwar?

i bought a kriegsmodell k98 off gunbroker but something suprised me that doesnt feel right. the whole gun looks correct, no takedown disc, rough stock, stamped parts, no hole for cleaning rod etc. but what looks weird is the receiver left where MOD 98 was on earlyer rifles it reads CESKOSLOVENSKA ZBROJOCKA, A.S. BRNO and also it has a winter triggerguard. is this correct for a war production DOU 45? the serial number is 967k and it reads MOD98 and DOU45 on the top of receiver which is correct for 1945 guns but i thought the receiver left was left blank on these models. im just hopeing that this does not mean its a czech postwar. please somebody help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krieg44.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	374929Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krieg444.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	374931

****DOUBLE CLICK IMAGE TO VEIW THEM LARGER!!!******
    Last edited by sovieteve0118; 11-24-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: FORGOT TO ADD SOMETHING

This is post war...BUT....Don't despair...These are GREAT rifles, and being that yours has not had the reciever scrubbed it is an even nicer example. Not sure what you paid, but if you paid less than $450 or so I think you did just fine! These post war Czech's are some of the best post war 98k's around, and are a real sleeper of a deal.

chezk brno, somereason they all have the winter triggher guard, at least all the ones ive seen. always in excellent condish, no markings. good shooter.

The reciever was made in Povazska Bystrica probably or were used parts mashined early 1945. The rifle was completed in Brno. As You could read the inscription is a czechoslovak postwar. best regards,Andy

thanks, he's asked 620$ for it. the pictures are so far away i didnt know it didnt have german markings. im more of a collector then a shooter but when it arrives ill have a better look over it.

Not to rub salt in a wound, but Samco sold these post-war Czech built k98's for around $225 in the not too distant past. Some came through without scrubbed receivers, and were still dou45 or dot45 marked, with a mix of waa's and Czech lion proofs. The dot/dou models do bring a premium over their scrubbed counterparts, and they are usually in unissued condition. A friend just sold one on GB, and it brought around $400.

soveve. hey nice rifle, one of the harder to get post war chezh ones, but not worth 620. im with moconfed. around the 400 range if cherry.
    for 620? humm... a nice rare code RC WITH all the stuff that goes with it in cherry shape, or a bolt mismatch in decent shape.
    PISDETS VSEMU

So you're the one who bought it huh. I had been watching that auction many times and had talked with the seller some. He wouldnt take less than $500 for it when I talked to him. It was too much. The funny thing is that its been relisted several times with the price going up! Its a harder one to find but not worth what you paid for it. Sorry man.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=199649659

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=200986128

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=202320768