Gunboards Forums banner

Reproduction No.32 scopes

12K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  MJ 
#1 ·
Has anyone had tried the reproduction No.32 scopes? Any problems with them? Thanks
Ed

#6 ·
I'm in the same boat. Have the rifle en route. Need a decent scope and even a repro would be better to me than having to use a Weaver until the real deal comes along. Too bad that, if there is somebody making repros out there, they don't do a bunch of them and advertise them for what they are. Given the cost of originals, they could still make a hefty profit on them, I am sure. Not to mention the volume they would sell. There's a LOT of people looking for these. I also tire of all the cloak and dagger bullshit, sometimes.:eek:

John

#12 ·
Yes, there are repro scopes everywhere No32. ZF-41, ZF-4 (which are so good repros that they apparently reproduce the inherent flaws in the system - that's gotta be a good repro!)

#13 ·
I will be interested to see where and by whom these were made. I would like one if they are a decent scope but for $600 you can buy a pretty nice scope these days it just won't look like that. I do wish these were clearly marked as reproductions.

#19 ·
He said '42 Savage, LOL.

#23 ·
Why not go to the man who made the tools for DoD and UK shooters Dr. Payne? I received both the MkI/MkII and MkIII tools from him in the 90's. He may not have them but maybe he can point you down a trail. Or is that to crazy?

#26 ·
You look under a lot of rocks, LOL.

#27 ·
I'm sure thanks to this thread and others like it on other forums informing the collecting community about them they sold out. Keep checking back weekly and watch Ebay for some to pop up with inflated prices. Until I hear more in the field reviews I'm sticking with my Weaver V4.5 with the post/cross hair reticle and will leave the MKII/I in the safe.

#29 ·
These scopes are so rugged that you would have to drop one on cement or from a moving truck to do harm. I'm not sure about posting ser.#'s just now maybe later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.