Default morris tube blueprints

im looking for some morris tube blueprints

Can't help you with blueprints, but if you are reasonably skilled in the machine shop, this article should get you going: http://www.rifleman.org.uk/index-3.h...e_Aiming_Tubes

David

I believe you want aiming tube blueprints rather than morris tube ones. The aiming tube uses a.22 long rifle round but the moirris tube uses a TINY centre fire bottleneck case.

Under the big sky, in the shadow of the Sweetgrass Hills

I doubt blue prints in the modern sense exists. Conceptual drawings do exist and can be found Skennerton's SAIS 16 British Empire Cadet & Training Rifles available from Skennertons website Ian Skennerton - http://www.skennerton.com
    Douglas

"And don't forget. That isn't your Martini you have. It belonged to others before you and will belong to others after you are gone. Look after it, and pass it on with pride. It deserves it." Malcolm Cobb, The Martini Henry Note-book
    To find things Martini go to: WWW.MartiniHenry.com

Just was wondering didn't IMA find some morris tubes in the nepal cache?

Douglas

"And don't forget. That isn't your Martini you have. It belonged to others before you and will belong to others after you are gone. Look after it, and pass it on with pride. It deserves it." Malcolm Cobb, The Martini Henry Note-book

For that price, you could buy a .22 Lee Enfield or a .22 martini conversion.

For those of us with a selection of .22 conversions already, a Morris tube is the next step. I was lucky enough to acquire one from John Appleton prior to his passing. While I don't use it as such, I consider it an important addition to my Martini collection.
    Rich in West Virginia, savoring life one cartridge at a time.

nope i want a morris tube i like the .297/230

i want a shootable morris tube so i want to make my own a .22 centerfire barrel liner should do the job i few pices of brass bar stock and steel round bar

Do you want a barrel liner, which removes the original rifling and is inserted in the barrel and bonded in place. Or do want you want an insert like like the Morris tube insert. I think you are looking a Morris tube like device.

If you look at Morris tube on the IMA sight you will get a pretty good idea how it is made and how it works. It would be fairly simple to make. You will only have tow issues to work through for .22 RF. Extraction and firing. If you wanted to keep it simple you could chamber and make a small notch at the top of the chamber for a hook tool to pull the fired case out of the chamber. Our with a bit more work you could make a sliding extractor sleeve like the original.

Firing is a bit different. You could offset the chamber. Depending which way you go the the gun will shoot high or low. You could also get a second lever and work over the horns so the firing pin will hit the rim. You may have problems with the large firing being to big to fire rim fires.
    Douglas

im making mine to shoot the .297/.230

im making it removeable

Did you get a reamer yet?

Who's liner did you get?
    Douglas

I spoke too soon on the aiming tube which would require an alteration to the breechblock or the cocking lever. However Loading rounds for the 297/230 can be a real pain in the arse. I have one, plus a smle chambered in that calibre. Have the dies and made the cases, but still haven't got around to loading them years later.
    Oh by the way many years ago I met a guy who worked for BSA. He told me that lots of morris tubes were used as rebar when they were making concrete bases for their heavy machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    Oh by the way many years ago I met a guy who worked for BSA. He told me that lots of morris tubes were used as rebar when they were making concrete bases for their heavy machinery.
    ...and that's why they aren't a $25 surplus item today!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Did you get a reamer yet?

Who's liner did you get?
    i dont have a reamer yet but im going to get one from http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/index.htm

as for the liner im buying one from track of the wolf a .22 centerfire liner

Quote Originally Posted by camerl2009 View Post
    i dont have a reamer yet but im going to get one from http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/index.htm

as for the liner im buying one from track of the wolf a .22 centerfire liner
    The Track of the wolf liner is a TJ's liner. It is hammer forged and very hard. I have lined two .297/230 Morris barrels using TJ's liners, Before the job was done I broke two reamers-$500 worth, before I got the chambers in-actully &50 because I had to buy three reamers. If I were to do the job again I would have a standard chrome moly barrel turned done for a liner.
    Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    The Track of the wolf liner is a TJ's liner. It is hammer forged and very hard. I have lined two .297/230 Morris barrels using TJ's liners, Before the job was done I broke two reamers-$500 worth, before I got the chambers in-actully &50 because I had to buy three reamers. If I were to do the job again I would have a standard chrome moly barrel turned done for a liner.
    well thats my choices that the only place i can find a barrel liner maybe a good annealing would do. i had a chamber insert made with one
    any good place to buy a chrome moly that ships to canada