Gunboards Forums banner

Bulgarian Makarov 7.65mm (.32acp)

26K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  ABTOMAT in memoriam 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics after a hour of cleaning grease with a rag. But still needs some more detailed cleaning with some brushes and degreaser.

Bulgarian Makarov in cal. 7.65mm or .32acp with matching magazine.

I bought it from a dealer who was selling whole collection from passed away collector, together about 100 pieces.

As some of you already said, Makarov's dont exist in this caliber. I was speaking with some older gun collector here in Slovenia about this Mak..

During the "Slovenian war of independence" (Ten Day War) in y.1991 a company called Orbis imported few 10 Bulgarian Makarovs and converted them to us more common caliber 7.65mm. This company also produced MGV-176 (MGV-176). This company doesnt exist any more.

This few Maks were given to high ranking officers for their special services. Some of them were also used during this war.

As i was told, Hungarians also suppose to convert some Mak's in 7.65mm but not Bulgarian.

Looks like that magazine is unmodified. 7.65 bullets are stacked in double row.

See less See more
#3 ·
Excellent. Thanks for sharing with our forum markojelen. Not only an interesting piece but it looks pristine.

I couldn't tell if the barrel is chrome lined.

It appears the magazine could hold more than 8 rounds?

And Makarovs I've seen all have the caliber stamped on the slide. I wonder why this one doesn't if it was an after-market conversion? Do others have Maks without the caliber stamp?

I think I know some people who would like to have one of these!

#4 ·
I can push 9 rounds in magazine but then the cartridges push rear end of casings up and front down. I doubt that i could load first round from magazine. I will try it on range this week and reply back.

Finish on slide and frame looks untouched. Will ask that other collector about it..

#13 ·
Ok, I've learned something basic.

All my Makarovs are import models. They have been stamped by importers. I'm told that original Russian, German, and Bulgarian Makarovs from the factory are not stamped with the caliber. This from a friend who owns multiple versions of non-import stamped original military issue Makarovs.

#16 · (Edited)
Im just back from the range, i had to try it! ;) It was already dark outside so i shoot few rounds very fast. Let me just say, that im not a good marksman and pistol shooting is my worst of all. Target was printed on A4 format paper for standard ISSF R-50 target (for 25m pistol/revolver and 100m rifle open sights).

This is me from approx. 10m. Check inside 5 group. Other 4 are first rounds also from me, but from 25m and i didnt knew the trigger yet..

This group of 4 shoot my friend, his shooting skills with pistols are maybe a little better then mine. I dont know, if he loaded only 4 or he missed one. But this is from 25m, his first try, he also didnt knew the trigger pull. He aimed at center of target, because i aimed normal (below black number 7) at 10m and my inpacts were near center. He thought, that 7.65 round will drop a little with distance, but seems like it didnt.

Let me just say that i dont regret at all for buying this fancy little gun. Its solid, very good manufactured and it shoots straight!
Recoil is near .22lr, i didnt felt it much. I also didnt had any problems, bullets were normaly ejected althought the original spring.

I'll try to get another, possibly russian in 9x18 cal..

#18 ·
Wow, that was a very interesting story and a great addition to the Makarov mystery

#19 ·
Hi Dear Ones,

I guess this is my first post. I think i've done the same as those Slovenian experts but in an hobbiest humble way. It works! and it was a good way to practice some skills.

The barrel used for the conversion was a 7.62 PKM.

Hope you like it

JL

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.