Thread: scope mount for Romanian 1969?

Default scope mount for Romanian 1969?

Can anyone recommend a specific brand or model that mounts well? I have tried two generic mounts that I can't identify and neither will close enough to grab the mount slots cut into the receiver. This is a really accurate rifle so I would love to be able to shoot it with a better view of the target.

thanks, Paulc

While I have no desire to put a scope on mine, here is a good place to start.
    http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting...6922/index.asp

I didn't have any luck finding scope mounts that fit despite buying a couple set of rings from the burns brothers. There are apparantly two sizes of bridges. I now have a modified 03a3 sight epoxied on the bridge. My plan is to scope mount it by putting a ruger 10/22 base on the bridge with epoxy. Wold repuire a littler removal of metal at the point of extraction, but will work just fine I am sure. They are very accurate rifles, but don't eject the spent cases very effectively.
    gil

The M69 does have at least two different top rail widths - it is NOT a scope mounting rail - the sides are straight. Mine is a late production rifle dated in the 80's with the wider rail.
    Risking the usual heat from the purists, I will admit to using the dreaded Dremel Tool to undercut some grooves in the rail, and now my standard 3/8" .22 rings fit perfectly.
    Earlier M69 rifles have the narrower rail - I have read of guys drilling and tapping to mount Weaver rails on top of them.

I considered that possibility instead of epoxying the 10/22 mount on there. They are crudely built but very accurate rifles. I wished they had a decent trigger on them and they would extract effeciently because dad gun they sure shoot well.
    gil

This adapter will work on the M1969 "skinny rail":
    http://www.kwiksitecorp.com/p-328-ks-w24.aspx
    I purchased one recently as a "get well" gift for a good friend. I tried it on my 1969 first (to make sure it would work) and saw immediately that it would snug up fine. My buddy installed it on his rifle a few days ago and it locked down rock solid. We shot his gun today and the mount performed flawlessly.

Here is another option:
    http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/catalog...ct/view/id/139

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog57 View Post
    The M69 does have at least two different top rail widths - it is NOT a scope mounting rail - the sides are straight...
    FWIW, the sides of the "rail" on my rifle are undercut vice straight; however, they are asymmetrical.

Regards,
    Greg
    Last edited by gb6491; 01-29-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Default Weaver 49514 1" .22 Tip Off See-Trru Mounts

Just mounted a Tasco World Class MilDot to a M69 that has a 8.5mm rail with Weaver 49514 1" .22 Tip Off See-Trru Mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    FWIW, the sides of the "rail" on my rifle are undercut vice straight; however, they are asymmetrical.

Regards,
    Greg
    I stand corrected...... there seems to be a LOT of variations in this little rifle! My trigger is pretty good too, typical military 'take up' then fairly crisp and not heavy or gritty.
    But, it will not eject, so I shoot it as a singleshot - I have many single shot .22 rifles so not a problem! ;-)

Default M1969 scope mount

I have a "rail" that also has a slight undercut, allowing something to grab onto. I ended up hand-filing these old Tasco rings down to make them fit the 8mm rail mine has. My rifle was a 1978 made model, so I topped it with a Steel weaver scope from the 70's. I ended up with about a business card sized gap between the scope and rear sight.

Here are some pics:

I used a model TO22 Kwiksite mount on my M1969 [made in 1974] that has worked great with a couple of 1 inch scopes I have used with it.
    Assault weapon is a term invented and used for propaganda.

rocker98 is offline Diamond with Gold Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member

I pulled this scope set up off a Mossberg Plinkster. The scope is a cheap Tassco. I have no idea who made the mounts.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...8IMC-2%29-1984
    Gary

***WARNING*** Mosins breed like rabbits!

"In shallow men the fish of little thoughts cause much commotion. In oceanic minds the whales of inspiration make hardly a ruffle." SRI PARAMHANSA YOGANANDA

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. Gerald R. Ford

You know that its a machining mount/artifact right?
    But if it's undercut, I've read that European airgun rings work well on it.